Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTrue Story!!
ku5626
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 61
Votes: 7
male usa
I just reset up my 10g aquarium just for fun. And I bought 2 female guppies for the tank. When i saw one at the store, I knew she was pregnant, but she looked very sick, so i thought she was either giving birth of she was going do be dieing soon. So I took the chance and got her, and the moment i got her home and into my breeding trap a baby popped out! i was exstatic! And i also bought another pregnant guppy who appeared to be needing a week or so before she would give birth. But 2 days later she gave me 14 healthy fry. Now i have a total of 17 fry and no where to put them! But both of the females are recovering and I'm sure i will have another batch in about 3-4 weeks.
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 20:18Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
might i suggest getting another tank and keeping all the male fry in one and the females in another and having two happy setups?

or putting a divider in and keeping a few of the male fry (like 3 or 4) on one side and the two mommies and maybe another two or three females on the other side...

that way you arent over run with fry...

or you could see if the LFS will bu the fry off you...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2008 23:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 1
male usa
Congrats om the new guppies and fry. If you plan on keeping the fry, then you should 2 more 10 gallons (1 for the males and 1 for the females.) If not, then you can always sell them to your LFS.

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 09:19Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
That is the only problem with guppies once they start breeding the population can explode extremly quick. If you want to keep them I would suggest a big well planted tank and even then it will not tale long to fill the tank.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 01:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies