L# Livebearers Lane
  L# Yipee!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeYipee!
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
My sword tail just had babies! 2 are still alive and growing strong! Momma's frined looks preggers now too! These are my first babies to survive without being eatin (other than the one cory egg that got sucked into the filter to hatch!)Im soooo excited!
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2008 00:21Profile PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
good luck! you shoudl put them in a breeder trap/net and let them groa bit in there so moma or daddy dont decide to eat them i have few platies to survive either... so far since havng them arround 8 months, they have given me three successful fry...

my endlers however give me arround 10 a week since i got them a month ago...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2008 02:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
A breeding trap is the way to go if you dont have one use a large net as a temporary measure. Also get some floating water sprite this will help next time yo get the fry it will give them some shelter from parents and other fish.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 11-Jul-2008 03:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
I do have many plants in the tank.. non floating of course though.. I am nervous about saving all of them in a net because non of our LFS/LPS will take them.. thanks so much
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2008 02:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
I agree with keith on this one, a breeder trap is a must if you want any fry to survive. I rescued the one fry I could and fattened him up then released him back with the group.

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 15-Jul-2008 05:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
hmm alrighty... i wont have to do this with my guppies but a deff. with my swords!
Thanks guys
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2008 00:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies