AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Marine Setup
  L# 9,000 Gallon tank - crazy idea - the shark pool!
   L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe9,000 Gallon tank - crazy idea - the shark pool!
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
Some fish dont like the texture of it, or the fact that it floats away and they have to work for it. Id say its just like anything else you feed and is hit or miss depending on the fish.

I started feeding Chaeto because if there was a little piece that got stuck behind a rock I didnt have to worry about it taking a foothold in my tank and taking it over.
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2008 19:30Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
worley
---------------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 67
Votes: 31
male uk
Hey DRO! Nice to see you still here How're things?
What do you think of the crazy idea?
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2008 22:29Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DarkRealm Overlord

---------------
---------------
metal-R-us
Kudos: 2166
male usa us-colorado
Ummmm, I think its crazy......crazy to waste that much space and not have it a kick butt reef tank loaded with sps
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2008 01:35Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
worley
---------------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 67
Votes: 31
male uk
How safe would it be to use the huge pool as effectively a huge sump for a 6x2x2 reef, bearing in mind there should be nearly 0 nitrates?
I was thinking of just adding to the sillyness by putting a hole in the wall, pumping water from the pool, into a hefty UV, through the wall, into a 6x2x2 reef in the kitchen (this house doesn't even exist yet lol), to divide the kitchen from the dining room. There'd be an overflow or two in the tank, that would then go through another UV, back through the wall and into the pool, or possibly through a skimmer/refugium under the tank, then back through the wall/UV into the pool.
Would it even need to be filtered (other than UV) before it goes back into the pool?
Post InfoPosted 26-Mar-2008 12:53Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies