AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Marine Setup
  L# Every 3 days this is what my tank looks like why?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeEvery 3 days this is what my tank looks like why?
alfieferenzo84
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 32
male usa
check out the pics the very last 2 at the bottom! I been holding nitrates at 10-15 and cut the lights down to 6hrs a day with only 1 28w bulb 50/50 and my tank is a 75 gallon just to let you know! i have to scrub the rocks if i want it to look okay i dont want to do this anymore!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2474061/2

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2571255/2
Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2006 04:50Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
That looks like diatom algae to me. It usually shows up in new tanks or in tanks that use tapwater. The glass in my tank grows tons of this stuff because I use only tapwater. I like it this way, because I have two algae eating fish.

How long has your tank been set up, and what kind of water do you use?

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2006 05:05Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
alfieferenzo84
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 32
male usa
tap water, Tank has been up for about a yr but about 4mo ago live rock was remove for hypo treatment, then rock was added again and i think it got recured in away

I never had this problem a yr ago, ever sense i did hypo i had nothing but trouble so maybe after time i guess but its getting out of hand!

What kinda fish do you got or what inverts would eat this stuff? I have a puffer so i am limited in away as he usally eats the snails when they fall, carbs usally live even after he chews them for a min lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2571255/2
Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2006 05:44Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Many tangs, dwarf angels, and blennies will eat diatom algae. Some snails probably will, too. Honestly though, switching to RO water would probably be the best and simplest solution. You don't need to worry about adding more livestock (that puffer will get too big for your aquarium anyways) and it would give you peace of mind knowing that you aren't introducing nasty chemicals or metals through your tap water. Myself, I am kept awake every night by the horror that comes from the tap. The chlorine, the organics... It's too much for a man to bear.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2006 05:52Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies