Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFilling up the tank
reflectz
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 7
Votes: 1
male australia
My tank which I will be converting from freshwater to saltwater is 240gallon, which is pretty big, so it will take me all day to fill up by bucket with tap water mixed with salt etc..
How should I fill it up? I was thinking, put the substrate in and then the liverock and then fill it up with tap water from a hose(i live in sydney) and then mix the salt in a bucket at 25% 50% 100% etc..
Will the liverock survive? I know that some liverock will die, but I dont want to be left with lots of useless rocks. There will be about 100kg of liverock. If I ran the tank with salt and then later on put the liverock in, it will be a waste of salt?? as i would need to empty a lot of water before putting in the liverock.
Post InfoPosted 29-May-2006 09:51Profile ICQ PM Edit Report 
dthurs
---------------
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4170
Votes: 529
male usa
Dont put the live rock in untill you have mixed the salt. Fill the tank half way then add your salt and fill 50% to 75%. Get teh temp up and add your substrate and live rock. The level will go up a lot, depending on how much you add. You can then addjust the water level as needed after you have everything in.

Dan

Dan
Post InfoPosted 29-May-2006 14:55Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
reflectz
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 7
Votes: 1
male australia
Once I put the tap water and get the right salt level up, will the liverock will OK to go in there, after 24 hours,, or will the tap water kill the liverocks.
Post InfoPosted 30-May-2006 07:36Profile ICQ PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies