Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFloat Switches
jmara
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 431
Votes: 145
male usa
I am completing the final assembly of my sump and I realized I forgot to order some float switch(es)!! I don't know how I forgot that. My question is this:

I have looked at other's posts about float switches and it seems that buying a humidifier switch is the way to go. I have read reviews about ones specifically made but they all seen to have a short life. What should I look for at the hardware store? Or what float switches do you all recommend? The sump is a 20 gallon for a 29 gallon

-Josh
Post InfoPosted 28-Apr-2006 06:45Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I got one from here. It's been working pretty well so far. I got the one with the safety back up in case the first switch fails. In this case you pay for convenience. It comes with a nice mounting system and everything. They recommend you clean it once a month to prevent any problems. Come to think of it, it's about time to clean mine. I tend to leave for more than a couple days every now and again so it's pretty important IMO to get something reliable - especially after my little incident.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 28-Apr-2006 07:00Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
jmara
----------
Big Fish
male usa
Would that work to shut the pump off so my pump doesn't run dry? I have looking for a switch to turn off my pump, is it the same animal? Obviously, I'm not to educated with this mechanism. thank!

-Josh
Post InfoPosted 28-Apr-2006 17:39Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
This turns on a pump in a reservoir when it senses the water is low, then turns the pump off when the water reaches your predetermined height in the sump.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2006 20:26Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
jmara
----------
Big Fish
male usa
That's what I thought. I need a switch that'll turn off my pump when the water gets to low so my pump doesn't burn up

-Josh
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2006 05:52Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies