L# Marine Setup
  L# Seagrass Safe Shrimp or Crab??
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSeagrass Safe Shrimp or Crab??
MiaZ13
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Soo... I've got a pico reef setup I guess... a little 5 gallon. So I've found a little aiptasia anemone which seems to be getting bigger by the day. And I had some other things on the rock that I'm not sure what they are.. perhaps very young aiptasia growing.. Not sure yet. But I want to get rid of them all just in case. So i've read up on the many methods of removal and I REALLY do not want to use chemicals or lasers of any kind. My tank is incredibly stabile for such a small size and I dont want to ruin the good thing I have going. I think a loarge part of the stability comes from the seagrass beds I've been growing for the past 6 months or so. Super healthy grassbed system, but I dont have any shrimp or crabs for fear that they would consume the grasses. The snails even show interest in them. So I'm kind of in a pickle.. how do I get rid of the aiptasia without indirectly killing my grasses?? Any suggestions? Is there a species of shrimp or crab that won't consume my grasses?
Post InfoPosted 19-Jun-2012 19:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies