AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# Marine Setup
  L# Thinking about coming over to the darkside =)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeThinking about coming over to the darkside =)
mrsmonty
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 58
Votes: 33
female canada
Hey everyone!!!
So I've got a chance to start new, and was possibly thinking about switching to a saltwater tank!!! I have a 60 gallon (4 feet wide, 2 feet high, 1 foot deep).

Regardless, I have to replace my bulbs, as well as my filter since it hasn't been running well. I spoke to a pretty knowledgeable (to what I can see anyway) man at a local LFS yesterday and he told me that if I come in expecting to spend approx. $250 CAD that I would be able to have a decent set-up. He said it was going to hook me up with new bulbs, a new filter, and wanted to talk me into an under gravel filter. I didn't hear him mention a skimmer... but I've read up on needing them, so I figured I'd start the thread by asking if it's a necessary piece of equipment... or if there's something else that I can run this without... then figured if you knew what I could stock the aquarium with.

So far, my heart is set on at least 2 clown fish (I have a 6 year old step-daughter and a soon to be 1 year old daughter) Thought it would be nice for them to have their own Nemo!!! What else could go in there? I know he sells seahorses as well and that really peaked my interest! I also fell in love with a yellow tang, but I want to keep this fairly on budget so I might end up going to get more expensive fish down the road. I also want live plant animals (not sure the correct term) He had beautiful ones!! Let me know what you all think, I want to make sure I'm making an informed decision here!!
Post InfoPosted 18-Nov-2010 16:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies