Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWater HElp
boil
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 420
Votes: 28
male usa
Ok, one question, when the water evaporates from a marine tank, and you have to fill it up again, can i use my water from my sink, i have a seperate faucet with a filter built in to my sink that takes out all heavy metals, like copper and lead, ive also tested it once and the parameters were fine. So can i use that water to fill up the tank?
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2006 19:20Profile PM Edit Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
You can probably use it, but I would add water conditioner to it so that it takes care of the the chlorine.

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2006 19:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 06-Aug-2006 21:14
This post has been deleted
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
If you have a water filter on your tap, it probably takes out the chlorine anyways. I would recomend using RO/DI water for top up and water changes, but I know people who use plain ol' tap water and get away with it, while others have major problems.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2006 22:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
Votes: 75
male usa
If that seperate faucet is infact an RO then you could easily add a DI chamber to it with little trouble. Even if it isn't you still could just remember that the lower the waterquality going into the di the quicker the resins go bad. You can find a good source for small scale DI filtration needs here.

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showproducts.asp?Category=39&Sub=127
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2006 22:22Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
If you're worried about the tap water, just be careful and consider the problems that can occur. Tap water in some areas has impurities that aquarium animals do not tolerate well. If possible, find a copy of the water report for your location online or call for it, and analyze the water's contents to make sure everything is okay. In some areas the tap water is fine (I have used only tap water so far in my tank without problems) and in others there could presumably be major issues.
Just be cautious, it can't hurt.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2006 00:16Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
Votes: 75
male usa
When I lived in midland texas I had JetFuel in my water... there was some major issues with the water there people were up in arms because of the polutants.
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2006 00:32Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
jmara
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 431
Votes: 145
male usa
No Kidding!?!?! You really had/have jetfuel in your ground water?! Wow!

-Josh
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2006 05:53Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies