Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSleeping Betta
Pammy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 130
female usa
EditedEdited by Pammy
This is really cute! My Betta, Cobalt, likes to sleep inside of his castle ornament every night.

Pic: sleeping betta

I quickly turned my bedroom light on and snapped a pic. He always leans up against that wall and puts his face into the corner...every night.

-Pamela
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2007 04:39Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
AquaClear_Fan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 25
Votes: 6
Yeah, my betta does the same thing, lihgts go out he normally ends up in his cave.

17 years experience with freshwater.
Post InfoPosted 31-Jan-2007 05:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

I didn't know bettas did that. I would want to get him a little mattress or something.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2007 18:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Pammy
----------
Hobbyist
female usa
EditedEdited by pammy
I know, I've been thinking he might want a pillow... He goes to the same spot, and lays the same way every night. It must be really comfortable there. My other bettas have just usually wiggled themselves onto the floating plants, or go under something and sleep, but this guy wants to be King of the Castle.

Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2007 20:36Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

I just checked out your photo album Pammy & saw that red betta sleeping in his "bed" you had set up near the surface of the water. How funny! I sure didn't know bettas liked beds! It makes me wonder how other fish sleep? I think I remember seeing pics of clown loaches sleeping in a leaf? That could turn into a fascinating past time....... researching to see how certain species of fish sleep.
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2007 15:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Pammy
----------
Hobbyist
female usa
Yeah, the red one LOVED that bed. He was there day & night. It was a Terrarium feeding dish that came with strong suction cups on the sides. It stuck perfectly to the top corner of that tank. Even when it was filled with aquarium rock it held.

My other betta has no prefrence as to sleeping quarters, he likes the area under his castle or the other cave or he wiggles himself between the heater and the aquarium wall.
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2007 18:54Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies