Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

Has anyone here seen that episode of South Park? My Green Sunfish does the exact same thing whenever I'm in the room. I was trying to get a good photo of it, but I couldn't because the fish kept staring at me. It gets really creepy after a while.

Also, I am having trouble taking photos through the acrylic - no matter how bright the flash is, what angle camera is at, where the aquarium lights are, how close the fish is, etc., the picture always comes out extremely dark. It's like the light from the flash is incapable of penetrating the plastic. Is there a special trick to taking pictures of fish in acrylic tanks? Or am I the only one that has this problem?

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2008 10:10Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
lol yeah, my severums are the same.

Trick is to shoot down on a 15 degree angle from horizontal, flash behind the lens, camera on the glass or acrylic.

like so.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/longhairedgit/fish145.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/longhairedgit/fish159.jpg
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2008 20:29Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that... The only problem is that the sunfish moves to the back of the tank when I get up right next to it, so it's out of the range of the flash. If I put some food in then it will get closer though.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2008 22:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies