Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeUpdated Photos of 42G hex
dmarkham0117
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 18
Votes: 1
male usa
Here are a couple of updated photos of my 42g Hex. I did a pretty serious trimming last night, and I've added a couple of Green Wendtti's in the foreground.

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 13-Nov-2006 21:18Profile PM Edit Report 
dmarkham0117
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
[img]

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 13-Nov-2006 21:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kunzman96
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 91
Votes: 115
male usa
You should be totally proud of that tank. That is stunning! I can only hope to have a tank that nice someday. I like all the different colors and shades of green you have there. Your angels look great too. How old are they? They look to be 5-6".

"Talk is cheap. Action can be almost as affordable"
Post InfoPosted 14-Nov-2006 02:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dmarkham0117
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
Thanks Kunzman for the compliment! The female is smaller...and she might be 5" from tip to tip. The male's body is bigger than the end of a coke can and from tip to tip vertically he is about 6 1/2". I bought them from a LFS about a year ago....and their bodies were about 50 cent size. I would estimate them to have been about 4-5 months at that time...so close to 1 1/2 years old if I had to guess.

The tank is a lot of fun, but it's plenty of work! I run compressed CO2, 192-210w (5 watts/gallon) of compact flourescent lighting depending on the time of day, and lots of trimming of the fast growers because of the high light and CO2 + ferts.
Post InfoPosted 14-Nov-2006 07:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
I agree............ impressive tank & I love the coloring contrast in it. I can tell it's lots of work. Good goin'! Thanks for sharing!
Post InfoPosted 14-Nov-2006 19:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies