---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
I don't know!

On one hand, I am happy to have any profile of this plant rather than not having a profile at all. On the other hand, as an owner of the plant, I see some things here that I am not too wild about:

- No fertilizers are needed? Nothing growns without fertilizer, it may be a question where that fertilizer is coming from (fish poop, for example) but even then other ferts have to be present in some form.
- A fern with small to large leaves? What does that mean? If I take the entry in the comment section stating "In higher lighting, the plant will produce short, light green leaves" then it would be clearly wrong. A high light tank will for sure generate leaves that exceed 15 inches easily.
- Growth being slow at the beginning is correct, as a matter of fact, my personal experience is that it is close to dying before it starts to grow and the leaves are very prown to algae at that time. Once it is established, growth heavily depends on the setting of the tank. It is barely controllable in a high tech tank.
- Lighting: "Low to moderate" ? It does well in high light, that is for sure. On the other hand, I am not so certain that it would do well in low light as I believe it may not even establish itself. But that is only my assumption as I have never had it in low light (only medium and high).

Please be so kind and provide your sources for your assesment of this profile.

Thanks,

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2007 17:12Profile PM Edit Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
in low light, all of the ferts needed are the fish waste. I had mine in about 1.25 watts per gallon and it grew to a foot in just a couple of months. i used no ferts. it probably would have grown larger but i had to medicate and the plant died.
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2007 17:21Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
Reject

clownloachfan,

While I like to have a new profile, I think this one is misleading. If your experience was that it is sensitive to meds, why did you not add that?

I think you should try again and create a more balanced profile, not so much based on your personal experience only (as it seems limited).

As an additional advise, Bolbitis can be a PITA once it reaches a certain size (and not only in my tank, I know this from people much better than myself). Trimming becomes so intense that the center areas are suffering and kind off require a complete replant of the group to avoid having a dead center. That should kick in after about 1 to 2 years in a high tech tank (depending on other tank variables).

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2007 15:02Profile PM Edit Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
Alright, no offense taken. Since you seem to know alot about this plant, why dont you write a new Profile for it? Feel free to include the little bit of info of mine that you said was correct.
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2007 17:15Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Reject

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 25-Oct-2007 13:23Profile PM Edit Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
Reject

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 25-Oct-2007 19:23Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Reject

Post InfoPosted 27-Oct-2007 11:44Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies