Subscribe10 Gallon Double Stand
ImRandy85
---------------
Enthusiast
Bleeding Blue
Kudos: 137
Votes: 75
male usa
I'm trying to locate a double stand for a 10 gallon tank but the only one I can find is the penn plax that only holds a 5 gallon on the bottom. So I think I might try some sort of DIY project. Does anyone have any plans for a 10 gallon double stand or any suggestions on materials/methods to use?
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 00:57Profile PM Edit Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
I think if you got to the store with a tape measure and measure the opening on the lower shelf, you will see that they are the same. I know this because that is what I did for 2 10gal fry tanks set up. It is a tight fit but if you very careful you will be able to make it fit on the shelf. I can't remember the manufacturer of mine as the box is now part of a large pile trash. I did not have any problems with it, but here are some planes of a really good design but it would be a bit of over kill. However, you can extract the info to make you own design.
http://www.garf.org/stand.html

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 05:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
illustrae
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 876
female usa
The PennPlax stands are smaller on the bottom than on the top, so it probably won't work. It's the All-Glass wrought iron stands that hold two of the same size tank. Go to the All-glass website (www.all-glass.com) and use their retail store search feature to see if there's a store near you that will order you the stand you want. I believe the 10 gallon stands usually go for $75-$100.

Hoping that there must be a word for everything I mean...
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 15:09Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
They're usually available at most lfs, chain stores, I've even seen them in Wal-Mart.

Too bad you aren't in MD, I'm selling one of mine

Attached Image:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2007 20:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies