Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
Ok, so i'm tinkering with the idea of building my own stand and canopy for a 37gallon tank. What I want to do with both are build a cheap skeleton frame, and then add cabinatry to the outside of that. In otherword, the stand itself will look plain, boring, no decor at all, a wooden version of basic wrought-iron stands. THEN, I will put panels and stuff outside the stand. The way that this differs from most other stands is the the decorative part is part of the support, but I don't want that.

ANYWHO, my main concern is the canopy. I need to build one that will hold a retrofit lighting system for two 65 watt CP lights. I don't know what brand just yet...

anyone have any good plans or ideas.... or both?
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 07:50Profile PM Edit Report 
dan76
----------
Big Fish
Always Reading Posts
male australia
the garf.org site has a diy stand plan that with a bit of imagination can to modified to suit just about any style of tank.

as for the hood all they are is a box sitting on top of the tank. i like to have at least 300mm between the tank water and light fittings , you should buy your lights first and plan the hood around them, do you want a sloping lift up lid at the front? maybe two lids? or maybe a flat top with lid . i prefer to have doors that open outwards so i can sit stuff on the top of the tank

OH TOLEEDY!
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 08:23Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
seventh_son_of_ed
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 77
Votes: 9
male portugal
Canopy Link

I think That Answers Your Question about Canopys

An this one helps with the cabinet.ยด

Stand Link

Hope thats precisely what you want.

Face up make your stand and realize your living in the golden Years
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2006 12:50Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Racso
---------------
----------
Mega Fish
Some Assembly Required
Kudos: 1442
Votes: 35
male usa us-ohio
Thanks for the help. Got what I needed. I'm pretty handy, and if I wanted, I know I could go out and build one myself without any real plans. But that way always leads to, "Wow, looks great.... but wheres the (insert important thing here)?"
Post InfoPosted 10-Feb-2006 01:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies