L# No light globes?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNo light globes?
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
female australia
The globe on my 60l tank went out the other day and try as I might Ive had no luck finding a place that has them in stock, or even knows when they will be avilable as the company itself is out of stock on this particular size. I do have live plants in and at the moment am using a 15 watt lighting just as a little something.

Will it be alright for my tank to go for some time without a 24watt light or should I consider buying a new light with more readily avialable globes as this is the only one out of stock.
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 03:18Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Exactly what type of lighting do you have is it a globe or a strip/long fluro tube unit.
Unless I am wrong for a good planted tank you should be looking at a twin 2ft tube unit, but that would depend on weather it is a open tank glass top or a fitted hood unit.

How about more info please tank size L,W,H and the plants you are using.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 05:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
female australia
EditedEdited by CrimsonaX
It is a 24watt twin globe, its like those thin long globes and it has 4 pins which connect it. Thing is I cannot find one at all to replace it despite going out of my way in search of it and at the least it may take a week or longer to get this kind of globe from an order. Most likely the longer then a week. I'm not sure what to do to keep my plants healthy as my 15 watt light is really a very temporary measure.

It was probably ill prepared of me not to have a spare but as it is only 2 months old I wasn't expecting it to go so fast.
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 06:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
A 15watt will do for a few weeks, but I wouldn't expect any great growth during that time.

If you are really stuck, try a hydroponics shop. They have some pretty decent light tubes and will stock different brands, so you might get lucky. If it is only a short wait though, I'd just sit tight

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 08:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
female australia
As long as the 15 watt keeps them alive Ill be happy, I mean the tank looks kind of orange lit with it but I don't mind as long as my plants will make it through the wait.
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 09:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Have you phoned all the LFS in your area? There are also some very good online stores that you can get delivery withing 1-3 days. From Sydney to outer Melb it is usually two days some times it has even been next day.
As Callatya suggested a hydroponics store is the perfect place to look.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 10:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
female australia
EditedEdited by CrimsonaX
So far I've gone to or contacted quite a few stores and most do not have it.If there are online places I'd love to give them a look if I have no luck again next day =)
Post InfoPosted 14-Mar-2009 17:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
EditedEdited by keithgh
try here

Here is one you might like to have a look at.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2009 01:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
EditedEdited by Alex
Another few places
AOA

Guppies

Ive had good experiences with both these places however shipping from guppies is rather expensive where as AOA only charges $7.50 regardless of what you buy and where in Australian you get it shipped too

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 21-Mar-2009 02:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies