SubscribeTank Recommendations?!?!
juwel-180
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 212
Votes: 17
male uk
hi guys

I am looking to set up a small tank about 40-50 liters 60-70 at a push. I mainly want this to grow plants and have a realhy nice planted tank so it will need to have about 3-4 WPG. Now can any one suggest a all in one tank (one with light, tank, heater and pump) that does this or will i have to go about making a tank with the bits i need. I must say a all i one tank i think would be butter as i have always found them easyier but i will be realy intrested to see what you guys say

thanks
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 20:02Profile PM Edit Report 
OldTimer
---------------
-----
Mega Fish
USAF Retired
Kudos: 1294
Votes: 809
male usa
I don't know if there are any "Systems" that will meet all of your requirements, especially the lighting end.

The "Eclipse" systems, may be the closest you could come to it, but again I don't believe they include heater and or the lighting level that you want.

There may be others and I'm sure that someone will pop in with a recommendation.

Jim

Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody. -- Mark Twain
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 20:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
The only ones I can think of are tanks like the nano cubes. They are designed to be useable as saltwater nanos so have good lighting. http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_aquariums_tanks_jbj_nano_cube.asp?CartId= There are several different brands and slightly different tanks. However being acrylic with all the fancy stuff they cost quite a bit. I don't know of any packages with a standard rectangle glass tank that includes high enough light to grow plants and most don't include a very good filtration or heating system. You'd be better off putting it together yourself if that's what your looking for. It would also be cheaper that way but if cost isn't a big issue the nano cubes and related nano tanks would fit your purpose.
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 20:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
There are currently three threads in Planted Aquaria
that are dealing with small planted tanks:

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/threads/29988.1.htm?98#

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/threads/33285.1.htm?23#

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/threads/33277.1.htm?23#

All three discuss lighting, substrate, plants, and
critters.

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 20:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
I not into the all in one systems, because of all the things listed. I have been given a few and I just give them to the UPS driver. This has a two fold benefit first we are friends and that's what friends do, Second I get my packages earlier than most. He goes out of his way to for me. Just buy it peace by peace this way you get what you want and when something goes wrong with the equipment you not replacing everything. The filters are not that good and break that's why most people give them to me and I have heard a lot of complaints about the lighting. The UPS guys says he DIY them, the light and the filter and just ends up using the hood as a hood.

Djrichie
"Don't Panic"

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 20:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
Same here, I bought an all in 1 pack, and i paid $40-$55 extra for all the did-not-need stuff. The filters are usually under powered(a 5g filter for a 10g), and the lighting is absolutely not as good as you think. Heres what they baisically charged me for:

(example/key) 34. Product/Part($Cost)-$What they charged me.

1. An $8 ten gallon-$15

2. The hood(<$10)-$15

3. Whisper filter by Tetra(10g Rated, $12-15)-$40

4. Non-Submersable heater(50w, $8)-$10

5. Extra Stuff(2 Bucks each at another store)-$3-4 each X 5

6. Light strip($20, as an aquarium set, $8 as an office set w/covering)-$25

Around $100 for all of this, where you could get these for much less. The cost for part by part is.......around $50 less than 1/2 of the all in one kit.

Now if it is a store-assembled kit, then it could possibly have a better quality inventory than the compqany made kits. It all depends on the money you are going to spend, and the rep of the company you are buying from.

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 22:43Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sodaaddict84
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 108
Votes: 52
male usa
i would have to agree with dj richie peice it together. take your time and figure out exactly what parts you want. it will save you money in the long run. plus you will have higher quality parts. if you do get a package its about a 90% chance you 're gonna want to replace something.

*click *flash *click "whered he go???"
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 22:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
juwel-180
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 212
Votes: 17
male uk
thanks for the great info so far guys and please do keep it comming

also i would like to post a link to an item on ebay that has a real gd light = 3.5 WPG but i want to hear what you think to the filter and so on. So please do coment on this tank on the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORCA-31L-SILVER-TROPICAL-AQUARIUM-FISH-TANK_W0QQitemZ170095913496QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItem
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2007 23:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
EditedEdited by djrichie
First off the seller on Ebay claims it to glass. Wrong!
Second it is and off brand, all in ones are not that good from will know companies. Now do'nt get me wrong I have no problem buy off brand products but they have along way to go with this style of tank.

DjRichie
"Don't Panic"

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 29-Mar-2007 13:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies