SubscribeThe benefit of two heaters.& looking for 2 more
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I had an idea that one of the heaters was not working fully it had heat but not enough to even warm you hand.
Thank goodness for the second one.

I also carry a spare heater.

Now I am looking for two more high quality heaters I can buy online. The old working one will now become the spare.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

My last heaters were Rena which is now the working spare & 2 Seras the sera lasted 4+ years

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 04-Aug-2008 11:46Profile PM Edit Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
Ive had visitherm heaters last more than 7 years, usually in the bigger wattages.
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2008 17:46Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I've been working with a Rena for about 7 years, and Sicce for about 6 (from someone else who'd been running them for about a year or so). Not sure if the Sicce ones have dropped in quality since I got them, but the price has taken a dive.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2008 08:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
It looks like I will go to Jager thanks to FP member on CHAT I have been able to get an excellent price well below any one else.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2008 11:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ironhand74
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 69
Votes: 295
male usa
Jager.... hands down...one of the best, if not the best and affordable!!can't remember one I've ever had fail...I usually have to upgrade to a higher wattage due to larger tank volumes and keep the smaller ones as back-up but usually end up giving those to someone that needed one because theirs broke-fowled-burned up-or whatever...

Most of the models I have say they are not submersible but have found out accidentally that they seem to be water-tight anyway, or maybe I just got lucky, and the double suction cup heater clip is awsome, either black or grey, good neutral colors that do NOT stain with dye-based meds like the clear silicone cups.

The thermostat is adjustable and can be "calibrated" and once set, no worries !!

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do decide to invest in a jager.

Happy Shopping !!

J.
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2008 00:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies