L# The Hospital
  L# Blood Blister on Cichlid?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlood Blister on Cichlid?
mcdisgrace
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 0
I just recieved a supposed Central/South American Cichlid that had been treated poorly and has some pretty good hole in the head as well. However the part that caught me off guard was on the tail there is a small dark red bump that almost looks like a blood blister to me, does anyone know what this could be?
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2009 05:34Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
It sounds like that poor fish has a few problems. All I can suggest at the moment is to reduce the stress very quickly. I hope it is in a perfectly clean tank all by its self and certainly no lights. Also add extra air to help with the water.

I would also double dose once only with Melafix this is for stress only. Pimafix is for anti Fungal which could develop and I would also double dose once only after that as prescribed for both. these medications can be combined with most medications check first when adding any new medications.

This might give you some breathing space until you can get the correct medications required.
Only feed minimal if not the tank could easily pollution and cause more problems.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2009 07:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies