AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# Dwarf Gourami Developing Green On...
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDwarf Gourami Developing Green On...
lightningd
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Good day all,
i have a dwarf gourami that is developing a green or tourquoise color behind it's eyes, on the gills and leading down to it's bottom fin. i've had the gourami for 3 days now, and i wonder if maybe he had something when i got him. does anyone know what this is?

TIA
dave

ENVIRONMENTAL DATA

Water Parameters
eh, i don't have the exact parameters, but 2 fish stores have said the water is in great condition after their strip tests.

Tank Information

Tank Size 28 gal. about 15x28x20
Stock List 2 male dwarf gouramis
Fish size for larger fish each about 2 inches, maybe a tad more.
Filtration top fin power filter 40

Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2008 01:41Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
EditedEdited by Shinigami
Welcome to FishProfiles! To me it sounds like your fish is doing well and is becoming healthier and is coloring up. I am not familiar with a disease that develops these colours.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2008 02:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
I agree. DGs have all sorts of crazy morphs now, and it doesn't surprise me any more if their body parts start randomly turning teal.

Welcome to FP.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2008 02:17Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
gonna have to agree with shinigami and joe. fish's colors can brighten up considerbly after spending just a few days in a proper tank. and welcome to fp!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2008 02:24Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
lightningd
-----
Small Fry
are you serious? lol. well maybe i'll have to take some pics to show you. my old digital hit the fan, so i'm going to get another here soon. haha, i'm still a bit worried, but that's me.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jan-2008 02:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
AquaClear_Fan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 25
Votes: 6
Sound to me like new colors developing too, I have been in the hobby for over 18 years and have never heard of deseases with these kind of colors.

17 years experience with freshwater.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 04:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishsage
-----
Hobbyist
Tank You Daddy.
Kudos: 53
Votes: 16
male canada
Once we got our tank straightened out, our Dwarf Gourami coloured up, and is now prettier than anything I have seen in our LFS!

55G -5x Bosemani, 3x Emerald Cory,3x Red Rainbow, 3x Turquoise Rainbow. 20G-Empty. 10G -4x Danio 3x Cory Fry 1 Gold Mystery Snail. 10G- 1x CAE, 2x Tetra 1x ADF
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 19:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
lightningd
-----
Small Fry
yea, they seem to be doing fine. the other one i have is coloring up too.

but one of them got injured somehow. It looks like he tried to squeeze through something and clipped part of the top fin off, and has a scrap about 3 mm below the top fin. I'm not sure what happened. i know the aggressive one would push the other one around a lot, so i don't know if he did something. i have since added 6 tiger barbs to the tank, and that has seemed to help out, as there is no longer just one fish to bully around.

do fins grow back, and scraps heal?
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 22:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Fins do grow back and scrapes do heal - that's a good thing about fish, they are pretty good at regenerating lost tissue. Just watch it to make sure it doesn't develop a bacterial or fungal infection. Adding Melafix will help prevent infection.

><>
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 23:18Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
lightningd
-----
Small Fry
the scrape is healing, and i believe the fin is growing back. it's hard to tell exactly, unless he's spreading it open. whew.

thanks guys (and gals?)
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2008 23:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies