Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHe's lost a fin 0_0 Pic added, please help
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
female australia
EditedEdited 14-Aug-2009 08:48
In my community I keep 3 corydoras at the moment, plan to add one more shortly. Anyway I noticed some scale damage late one night but I considered it to be a minor scrape, put in some stress coat and went to bed.

Next day I noticed that it wasn't exactly just a scrape, his entire left pectoral fin is gone. Oddly enough he seems to be fine, he's eating, he's swimming, and has no other injuries. But I do worry since the other two cories are often nearby where as he is mostly doing his own thing and comes by occasionally.

So far there's no signs of infection but the damage looked like it got close to tearing a hole in his side, poor little thing, should I leave him in the community tank or add more meds? Just want to make sure he has the best shot in there and I'm afraid to relocate him with the damage coming so close and a few loose scales still attached the last thing I want to do is net him up and rip off any more.

As an added note none of the other fish really seem to be bothering him from my observations.
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2009 13:49Profile PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
If there are no fish in the tank that will harm him keep him in the tank with the others. I think the added stress of moving would cause him harm.
If I was to add anything I would add some melafix to keep any infections at bay. Does the wound/damage or area around it look red? I would be inclined to leave it a couple of days before dosing with meds, but I havent seen the fish so its your call.
Can you see anything in the tank that he could of got stuck in?

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2009 06:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
female australia
EditedEdited 14-Aug-2009 22:16
Not really =(

It still doesn't look infected but the damage looks pretty extensive.

I mean he's still eating and the rest so I'm not sure what to do, all I know is despite anything I wouldn't have the heart to put him down ><

Sorry for the dodgy photo my decent camera has dead batteries

That tank has:
3 Female Bettas
1 BN Catfish (fully grown female)
3 Corydoras
6 Tetra

The bettas I am 80% certain were added after the injury, I hadn't yet noticed the damage as these guys seem to enjoy hanging out between the plants and in the caves.

Also still haven't added any meds aside from stress coat, hoping to get a reply soon as to whether meds are advisable =)

--Little guy passed away this morning--

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2009 08:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Sorry to hear that. From the sounds of it no medication would of helped him.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 15-Aug-2009 07:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies