L# Maracyn
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMaracyn
redthanatos
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 20
Votes: 0
Im treating my tabnk with maracyn due to fungus looking stuff and some fin rot on certain fish...

tell me is maracyn safe to use with a planted aquarium? also ..what about with corys? cuz i found one dead today that i didnt even think loooked sick after treating the tank last night

thanks

Sean
Post InfoPosted 26-Jul-2006 21:55Profile PM Edit Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
EditedEdited by budzilla
I think it is

I'm treating my tank with it right now because one of my bronze cories and a dwarf gourami had a fungus infection. The cory is dead It had gotten so pad his tail fell off. The gourami has it on one of his feelers but it is getting alot better . I think it works. I haven't had any mystery deaths. And no new infections have occured.
The cory may have had an unknown illness that weakened it. Because cories are scaleless they are susceptible to infection or poisoning.
any way.. Good luck with your fish
and it seems to me that maracyn's good stuff.

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 26-Jul-2006 22:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Needeles
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 65
Votes: 52
male usa
Maracyn is pretty good stuff and it good for most fish. Cories tend to be harder to treat for the reason stated above. I myself use Melafix or Pimafix for my cories if needed as it tends not to be as harsh for them. Just my 2 cents.

Live life to it's fullest
Who knows what tomorrow holds
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 07:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
redthanatos
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 20
Votes: 0
So the fungus lookin stuff seems to be getting better with some fish but others now look like they're getting ick... i have a planted tank... and i still have 3 more days of the maracyn treatment to do... what to do about this? also should i take out the ones with spots and put them in different tank... cuz i was thinking its probably better to treat the whole tank.

what to do what to do? these things suck when they happen

Sean
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 18:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Needeles
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 65
Votes: 52
male usa
EditedEdited by Needeles
I myself would wait until the first treatment is complete. The fish are already stressed by the meds and moving them and treating them for ICK will only add to the stress. Try and simply raise the temp of the tank for the time being. Get it up to about 82d F if possiable. Raise the temp slowly though and keep an eye on the cories. To treat ICK you will need to treat the whole tank and not just the fish.

It may also not be ICK but something to do with the current treatment. Also ICK can really only be treated when it is free floating and not attached to the fish. Most people do treat ICK when they first see it as to prevent more from spreading. Again do just one treatment at a time in this case.

By the way did you remove the carbon from your filter system? If not go do that right now. Carbon will remove the meds from the water.

Live life to it's fullest
Who knows what tomorrow holds
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2006 18:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies