AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# My Betta has a Fungal Infection.
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy Betta has a Fungal Infection.
D23623d
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
male usa
I removed him from my tank (he's in a bowl now) I don't think he can be saved. I have two things I want to ask. First off, will it spread to the other fish? (Danios and a Gourami) He was in the tank for 2 days, and I would like to know if it will spread. Secondly, I want to put the Betta to sleep. I can tell he is suffering, and I don't want to see that. How can I go about this? Would putting him in a small tank with a bit of Nyquil be painless, or is that inhumane? I'm sorry, I don't know. Please help someone.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jul-2009 19:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
A fungal infection can be treated very easily unless youve let it go too far. Keep the water clean, add some blackwater extract, and hope.
If it really has gone too far, the most HUMANE way is to quicky net the betta out and bang it on the head with someting solid. The fish dosnt feel anything. This is, pending on you being able to handle doing that.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jul-2009 02:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies