AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# New Mollies, Sick, or Stressed?(PICS)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew Mollies, Sick, or Stressed?(PICS)
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
Kudos: 114
Votes: 137
male usa
So yesterday I bought two what appeared to be healthy female mollies. One black and one creamsicle. I thought the creamsicle was a male when I got it but when I got it home I was able to look closer and see that it was female. Niether appear to be gravid, they could be, they were in with males, but not very gravid if they are. Anyway, the creamsicles main problem is that she is pretty skinny, again I couldnt get a very good look at them until I got home. She has a nice appetite and her poo is brown (as you can see in the pic) so I dont think she has parasites. And she seems to be swiming along in the tank just fine. The black one however, is in good wieght, however she is staying behind the javaferns, and swimming all day towards the filter out take. So she is fighting the current. She is also eating ok and every now and then comes out but other than that she stays back there most of the day.

Do you think they are ok? Just stressed from the move and the new surroundings, or have some sort of illness. I included a picture of the creamsicle. The black one was hiding and it was too dark to get a picture.

Thanks for all the help!

http://i34.tinypic.com/2n1w9qp.jpg
Post InfoPosted 04-Aug-2008 06:10Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
At a guess I would say stressed out. Do you have any floating plant cover it does help.

I would also turn the lights of for at least 24 hrs & 48 if you can.

I also would add a little Melafix this "Might" help I always add this to the tank when I introduce new fish for at least 3 days but that is just me.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 04-Aug-2008 09:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
male usa
EditedEdited by RNJ_Punk
Ok so a little update. The creamsicle has improved. She is still eating and swimming around and what not. Maybe even starting to gain weight. Anyway, Im not as happy with the black molly. She has actually taken a turn for the worse. She is still tredding water at the back of the tank in front of the filter out take. She has actulally developed cloudy eyes and a slimy, mucusy looking stuff on little parts of her boady. So I really doont know what is going on with her. But yea please help.
Here is a pic of the black one I finally got!
http://i36.tinypic.com/a3mjoo.jpg

And thank you keith for the advice. I actually turned the lights off for pretty much a full day and that seemed to help a little. And I have lots of floating plants for them.

Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2008 04:26Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Glad I could have helped a little.
The black Molly could be a totally different story.
Sounds like a bad water problem BUT if your tank was bad all your fish would be the same. In other words what I am saying it could easily be problems long before you got it.
I would still post all your water parameters plus any other info that might help.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2008 05:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RNJ_Punk
---------------
Big Fish
Cory Fanatic
male usa
EditedEdited by RNJ_Punk
I am pretty sure it was the stores water or fish that had the problem. I have not had a sick fish in a long time and my water seems fine.
temp-77
ph-6.8
nitrite- 0ppm
nitrate- 15ppm
0 ammonia

Like I said all my other fish are fine now and have been fine.
In fact, my panda cories are spawning right now!
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2008 05:22Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies