AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# Out Of Date White Spot Treatment?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOut Of Date White Spot Treatment?
jacksprat
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
australia
Hi guys, this is my first post for yeeeeaaaars..........

anyway, I've got the first case of white spot in I can't remember when.....

I've taken the carbon out of the filter and treated my 400L tank this morning, at half strength due to the loaches and tetras. It went a lovely shade of blue, but when I came home from work tonight (10hrs later) it was clear. Is that normal?
Or is the med out of date?
I can't get a new bottle till tomorrow arvo, so I was desperate to start. I've raised the temp to 29c and turned the lights off.

400L (4x2x2) 3 silver sharks, 3 clown loaches, 2 blue gouramis, 2 siamese flying fox, 1 sucking cat, small schools of golden danios, white clouds, golden widow tetras, R&B columbians and a sucking catfish
Post InfoPosted 30-Sep-2006 11:52Profile PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
It depends on the specific med you use (strength and all that), but the ich medications I've known don't leave a tank blue for the duration of treatment. The color does fade away after a while.

Medications do have expiration dates, but I don't know enough about them to give you a good guess on time. Had you opened it already?

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 30-Sep-2006 15:55Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Depending on your filtration will depend on how long the colouration lasts. It could also depend how old the medication is, I personally would toss it out and make sure you get some fresh medication. Also dont forget you have to treat the tank. There are now Ich meds suitable for tanks with Loaches etc.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 02-Oct-2006 02:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies