Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSick Angel
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
I think I got a terrible batch of mollies, that has made my female angel sick. Yesterday the last molly was found on the bottom front center of the tank. My female angel is heavy with eggs, so I assumed she went after him sometime after lights out. This afternoon she doesn't look right. Her eyes are somewhat bulged, she can bearly swim, and she looks to be gasping. I added pimafix and melafix immediately. I went to check on her and noticed another white spot on her "chest". I've added "Nox-ich" at full dose. Now she keeps laying on the bottom, as if she's tired. When I nudge her with the net, she "gets up", only to go to a upper corner and then slowly drift back down. I'm at a lost. Can someone tell me what to do?

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 00:21Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited 22-Oct-2009 02:17
As long as your water supply is safe I would do a full water test then 50% water change immediatly.
Add more air and turn off the lights.

As soon as you get the test results done get back to us.

If it is white spot she will develop more spots very quickly. Then you will have to start the White Spot treatment very quickly.

What to get ???? Some one in your general area will know of the best product to use.
If you have any Scaleless fish in the tank CLs for eg a different WS cure will be recommended.

Sorry I could not help you much further. Other than to say start looking for another LFS that only sells quality fish.

Just by chance do you have any SAE in the tank? If so that will be your problem they the SAE actually remove a natural protective slime coating from the Angels and this is usually kills them.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
EditedEdited 22-Oct-2009 03:07
She's gone. Thanks for replying. I'll do a water change in the morning. I will also do a water test, although I won't completely trust it. (Since I had already added meds to the water, it will alter my readings.) There's only one other fish in the tank, her mate, Bulldozer. The other inhabitants are MTS and pond snails. Also lighting was not an issue, I have had the light off all day except for feeding time. (Bulldozer ate, she didn't.)

The white spot appeared to be a little fuzzy, not speckled or peppery.

Right now I'm too depressed to go to the tank for readings. It looks so empty with only Bulldozer in there.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 03:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Kellyjhw
It does upset you when that happens you feel so hopeless.
You can add some Charcoal to remove all the meds. If Bulldozer survives I would not add any for for a while and certainly dont buy them from that same LFS.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 06:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Took my readings:
PH 6.4 (I expected it to be low, since meds always lowers it)
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
NitrAte 5

I'll do a 50% water change and keep an eye on Bulldozer. The weird thing is... I've never had a problem with fish from this store before. It's the best one around, and I trust them before any other store. Unfortunately, the store owner's daughter died recently and they're elderly. So they may be slipping.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Oct-2009 12:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies