Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhite bugs
aquaticia
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 9
Votes: 0
female usa
On the side of my tank I have these little white dots crawling around. They look like they might be bugs of some kind I'm guessing. Are they harmful to my fish? If so, how do I get rid of them?
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2007 07:32Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
Any chance you can post a picture of them. As well as water reading. This will help someone give an answers. Sorry no help for now but need to see what your talking about.

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2007 20:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
They might be Planaria & they are not harmfull to your fish. Try not to feed for a day or two & see if they'll go away......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2007 21:54Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Bugs crawling around sounds more like daphnia. Planaria look like tiny white worms. Both are rarely harmful but usually indicate there is something wrong such as too little water flow/filtration or too much uneaten food left around the tank. How often do you do a gravel vac? Usually keeping a clean tank with the proper amount of filtration gets rid of any bugs or worms unless it's something particularly nasty like parasitic leeches. Only critters I've ever been forced to use chemicals to eliminate.
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2007 00:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
aquaticia
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 9
Votes: 0
female usa
I think it might be from overfeeding. I do overfeed my betta a lot. I used to not but when he started getting older he didn't go after the food as fast as he used to and seemed to have a hard time finding the food after I put it in. I was becoming worried he wasn't getting enough food. My betta seems to be fine with the bugs but I figured I would post here just in case.
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2007 14:44Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies