Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhite growth on Angels
jsparkman
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 101
Votes: 0
male usa
About 2 weeks ago I noticed a small white growth one of my angels. It looked like it was on an area where some scales were missing (I have a pair that began spawning). It has never gotten bigger than about 1/32" long. About a week ago another one appeared on it's dorsal fin, it has also not grown. I got home today and it's got about 4 more of them and a 2nd angel has on on the edge of it's eye. I've been treating the tank with melafix and pimafix but apparently it's not working. The fish that's been infected for 2 weeks shows no sign of illness. he's very active and eats as much as he can. I can't figure this one out. I've search numerous sites but haven't found a pic that looks like this. This stuff doesn't look like ich...any ideas?

James
Post InfoPosted 31-Mar-2006 04:30Profile PM Edit Report 
chelaine
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 343
Votes: 78
female usa
http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html#Septicemia

try this link. I'm not sure on this one either. is the fish in a QT tank? and what are tank mates? how big is the affected angel BTW? possibly post some pics so we can get a positive ID on the disease.

*Chelle*
Post InfoPosted 01-Apr-2006 20:52Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
Could be a fungal infection, often such infections are closely followed by hexamita infections, so give the tank a major water change and try an antifungal. Melafix and pimafix often fail to treat the more severe infections. Failing that it could be columnaris. If you can post a clear piccy of the infected area it might help us to ID the problem.
Post InfoPosted 02-Apr-2006 06:17Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies