-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Ok before I get started,
1. Not my fish my boss's she called me in tears for help
2. No water parameters, but she just did a water change (was about 2 weeks), tank is one of those little half gallon jobs, she won't listen that he should have more water, I've tried
3. Yesterday she had the a/c today not so she says it was warm when she got home so a temp change.

She came home and he usually swims in circles to see her today was sluggish not moving much. When he did swim his tail end was droopy and tail fins kind of matted not "feathery"...so I had her do a water change with her water treatment. She went and got betafix/melafix, I also suggested stress coat but she didn't get it yet. She's already treated once with betafix...any other suggestions, help?

Thanks! I know I haven't been here not keeping fish right now, can't with temp fluctuations in my own apt...someday though
Heidi, Houston

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2013 01:16Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
All we have to go on for symptoms are clamped (I presume that's what you're describing) fins and lethargy, which could mean anything.

A water change was probably the best course with this little information. She should keep a close eye on the fish to see if it exhibits and other symptoms, such as flashing or loss of balance.

Bettafix may help at this point.

><>
Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2013 22:56Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Sadly he passed this afternoon, she called me crying but at least I may have convinced her to get an actual tank if only 1 or 2 gallons If she gets another betta. She lives on the other side of town so I wasn't able to go and actually see for myself...just her wording...thanks :-)

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2013 01:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies