L# fungal infection?
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribefungal infection?
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
EditedEdited 12-Mar-2014 08:35
The black moor goldfish in my 50 gallon show tank has a single grey dot at the base of his tail. It's about a millimeter in diameter, it's the only one on his body.

I read that a grey patch might be an ammonia burn, but I doubt that's what this is considering I've been doing a 10% water change every day because the tank isn't cycled, and it would be larger and there would be more of the same patches on his body. There have been no behavioral changes.

Can someone tell me if this is some sort or fungal or parasitic infection? Or am I worrying about nothing?

I'll try to get a picture of it if he will stay still long enough for me to get a good shot. I would remove him from the tank and take a picture of it in my hand but I'm afraid I've already stressed him out some earlier by removing him from the tank with a net while I was fretting over some individual scales on his back turning bronze colored because I thought they were ich spots.... This resulted in a few small rips in his tail fins. Could someone also please recommend a better way to remove him from the tank without using a net?

When I return him to the pet store or give him to a friend that would like to have him I don't want to hurt him again. I feel really bad about it.

All comments are greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2014 08:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies