Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribewhat's YOUR opinion?
Fish_lover
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 176
Votes: 0
Hey guys!

My Long-nosed Whiptail Catfish (Sturisoma nigrirostrum) recently fell victim to a fungal attack and developed 2 balls of fluff on his caudal peduncle. This was not due to a foreign introduction of fish, but rather to the recent pH crash. That tank has now stabilised and everything's back to normal!

So I transfered the Long-nosed into a 2ft hospital tank on monday (15 June), and since then I've dosed twice - the first time on monday, and second time on thursday, according to the instructions of "Fungus Cure"

It's now Saturday, and while the 2 balls of fungus have disappeared and the catfish has regained some colour, he's still not eating the zucchini slice I put in for him each night.

So the question now, is he not fully recovered or something? Should I leave him in there a couple more days? What should I do next? (Of course, my main aim in putting him in the hospital tank is to get rid of the fungus, but also attempt to fatten him up before reintroducing him back to the main tank)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2009 09:25Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
Fish_lover
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 176
Votes: 0
oh P: water parameters are all fine in the hospital tank, so ammonia/nitrite/nitrate at zero, ph at 6.6, temperature at 25degC, filtration via sponge filter in corner and an additional airstone for extra circulation
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2009 09:27Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies