SubscribeCosta Rica
fishkid99
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 218
Votes: 39
male usa
Me and the family are going to go to Costa Rica in july,
And i need to find a good spot to snorkle and see the coral reef! Does anyone have any ideas?

ps im not going snorkling to see the chiclids! I dont want to get bitten by a Croc.!

>>>----> <----<<<

pnh
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 03:31Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
blazeybird
-----
Banned
Kudos: 24
Votes: 2
male usa
I dont know much about costa Rica, you could prob. google it though, I went snorkaling last year in Keylargo and it was the most amazing trip I have EVER had in my entire life... it was just to amazing for words..... it was a Worlds strides trip, so if any of you have a chance to go on that ,PLEASE DO!!!

Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 03:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
pookiekiller12
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 633
Votes: 41
male usa
Try to get scuba certified first.

Or... when I was in Jamaica they offered certification for about one quarter the price available here.

Have a great time.

Sorry though, no recommendations on where to snorkle or scuba.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 17:02Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Heh, I'd go and take a look at the Cichlids in their natural habitat if that was me. Trick with the crocs is to watch them. then enter the water once they've eaten and they're lying on the sandbanks burping after a big meal. Of course if you're prepared to sacrifice the odd goat, you can make sure the crocs are fed

Seriously though, large predatory animals tend to have some degree of predictability in their behaviour. Learn the appropriate signs, and avoid behaving like food. It's possible to be in fairly close proximity to quite a few 'dangerous' animals if you know what behaviours are likely to arouse them and make them more dangerous, and avoid those behaviours. Of course, it's handy to have a few knowledgeable companions handy, and in the case of some of the large predatory animals, it helps if you and your colleagues are armed just in case things go pear shaped, but so long as you don't do anything reckless or stupid, freshwater diving to see the Cichlids is perfectly possible, after all Juan Miguel Artigas Azas and Dr Paul Loiselle have done it in Central America before today and returned from the experience with all limbs intact.

Mind you, I agree that a coral reef dive out there would be a wonderful experience too. See if you can arrange both!

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 17:10Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fishkid99
----------
Enthusiast
male usa
My mom and pop wouldnt let me go snorkling for chiclids anyway haha!

And im just turning 14 today so i dont know if i can get a diving license or W/e but id like to if i could!

>>>----> <----<<<

pnh
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 20:13Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
blazeybird
-----
Banned
Kudos: 24
Votes: 2
male usa
I belivie you can... I have a freind who is 15 (well just turned 16 but thats diff.) that had her snorkaling lisence at like 12 years old or something

Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2006 21:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishkid99
----------
Enthusiast
male usa
ok ill have to look in to that.

>>>----> <----<<<

pnh
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2006 20:14Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies