FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# Do we need another superhero movie?
   L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDo we need another superhero movie?
Jason_R_S

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 2421
Votes: 391
male usa us-indiana
EditedEdited by Jason_R_S
Sort of. Mar-vell also goes by that name, and is indeed a Marvel creation. JLU had only three seasons. The Batson vs. Supe episode was in either the third or the second.

in regards to the Justice League Unlimited series, you're partially right. Yes, JLU did only run for 3 seasons but it was a continuation of the series called Justice League that ran for 2 seasons. So, seasons 1 and 2 were called "Justice League" and primarily had stories that covered 2 episodes, and then seasons 3, 4 and 5 were called "Justice League Unlimited" and had stories that usually only covered 1 episode. Also, when it became JLU they added a lot more characters to the mix.

The episode I was referring to that had Captain Marvel is called "Clash" and was the 7th episode from the 4th season. Here is a link to the full episode list from all 5 seasons of the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited series.
Post InfoPosted 21-Mar-2007 08:52Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
"in regards to the Justice League Unlimited series, you're partially right. Yes, JLU did only run for 3 seasons but it was a continuation of the series called Justice League that ran for 2 seasons. So, seasons 1 and 2 were called "Justice League" and primarily had stories that covered 2 episodes, and then seasons 3, 4 and 5 were called "Justice League Unlimited" and had stories that usually only covered 1 episode. Also, when it became JLU they added a lot more characters to the mix."

Indeed. I've seen them all (a fairly decent rendition of the JLA, I should add). However, without getting into any technicalities, though the show was a continuation, it is referred to by Timm and the staff, as well as the DVD boxsets as seasons beginning from one.
Post InfoPosted 21-Mar-2007 09:09Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
Dark city was a great movie, I loved it. Ill agree that ff7 was the benchmark, and that hype does nothing for some of the genre. Trouble is that manga has a conformist character in style that the western world seems to appreciate most, and I guess thats what I hate about it, that we as western nations barely scratch the surface. Maybe its comic snobbery but I like chinese manga and historical manga better. The draughtsmanship is usually a different league to the more popular stuff, and though advent children was immaculately executed, I can help feeling that its dated badly. Still fabulous , but stuck in a stylistic mold that was established in the eighties. Thats why I like ff8, and ff9, they really were like looing at parralel dimensions, and they had the gloss to make it feel more real.

FF x-2 was almost disgustingly pop culture. It nearly made me vomit. Better ff7 than x-2 anyday. Its just that as a movie, I think ff8 would have translated directly that would have appealed to a younger teen audience without much modification, and ff9 superdeformed though the characters may be , could have been a seminal childrens fantasy epic that adults could not have helped but love.

What I really want to see in game movies is a devil may cry live action movie, excesses and charm intact It could easily be the best no brainer , character driven, apocalyptic action movie ever made. Yes, it would be vacuous- but perfectly vacuous Give it an adult rating and we'd be ready to rock and roll!
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2007 23:51Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
male usa
Devil May Cry. That was indeed a great game.
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 04:13Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by longhairedgit
I forgot doedogg -"the greatest american hero".

It was fantastic, for those who cant remember, the plot premise was pure comedy.Aliens bring a guy a suit that gives him powers to help save humanity , and he loses the instructions. The big gags were mainly based around the hero flying blindly into walls screaming in terror. It was hilarious! If only because you could tell some sadist director was loving throwing people into walls harder than is perhaps safe. Not to mention seeing a guy with a build that should not be seen in spandex, in the worst costume ever, trying desperately not to explain his appearance while running around in public places. He was keeping a secret identity, because frankly he was ashamed to be seen in the suit !It had everything, a normal guy being a hero, and all the spiderman, superman,and batman referenced humour you could possibly ask for.

Robert culp cheerfully overacted throughout as a hardcore CIA agent in a way that made you love him, William katz as the erstwhile and reluctant hero, was utterly brilliant. Teacher by day, superhero and CIA assistant during the evenings, it also had a few few notable cameos. It was a subtle , all american, and spoofy as you could ask for. Dont forget the theme tune either "believe it or not" by joey scarbury. I watched the whole series again two years ago when it was rereleased on dvd, I had a nostalgic grin all week, and I was amazed to find, if anything, it was funnier than ever before! Its one of the best knowing humour series I ever watched.

Theres just something about watching a pillock in a red costume being hurled into walls that makes me laugh till I cry.

Then of course for those with long memories there was "supertrooper" or "supersnooper" as it was released in the US , with a cop that lost his powers when he saw the colour red, and for those with no shame whatsoever- CONDORMAN!Condorman was so not funny I end up laughing myself silly if I have to watch it.
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 06:29Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Jason_R_S

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 2421
Votes: 391
male usa us-indiana
Indeed. I've seen them all (a fairly decent rendition of the JLA, I should add). However, without getting into any technicalities, though the show was a continuation, it is referred to by Timm and the staff, as well as the DVD boxsets as seasons beginning from one.

ok, I'll take your word for it. I've never seen the box sets nor read interviews from Timm or the rest of the staff. I still consider (as do many others, imdb included though none of these are of course official ) it to be one series...a great series at that imo. Mind you the only comics I've ever read are Batman comics so I don't know how faithful they were to the comics. I can say though I think J'onn J'onnz was very poorly represented. from what I've read the Martian Manhunter character is much stronger than the JL/JLU series ever gave him credit for.

so, all that aside the Capt. Marvel episode was either season 4, episode 7 or season 2, episode 7 depending on how you want to look at it.

I do agree that Dark City was a fantastic movie. I'd much rather watch it than any of the Matrix movies. Another not-so-well-known movie I like that followed a similar theme was the Thirteenth Floor.

I used to watch the Greatest American Hero but it was so long ago I hardly remember anything about it. I do remember though as a kid I loved that show...and Manimal (sp?). Anyone remember that one?
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 08:30Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
male usa
13th floor, huh? I gotta check that one out.

Also, yeah, MM was "unofficially" referred to as the strongest being on earth by superman, following his mental breakdown (martian fusion) and battle with elastic man. Therefore, you'd probably be correct in saying that he was somewhat underpowered---but really, in his humanoid form, most of his abilites are repressed, so it's hard to say. Then again, a lot of the heros in JLU were significantly underpowered...Orion losing to B-class flash rogues? Wonder Woman getting beaten down by Mogul? I don't buy it.
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 11:37Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies