Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
EditedEdited by crazyred
Check this story out!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192107,00.html

I live 130 miles southeast of Laredo (where it was 107 degrees Farenheit yesterday!! ) it was near 100 here yesterday, but we didn't have any blackouts that I know of. Dang! It's only April!!! I'm dreading July & August.

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 18:52Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
sunspotkat
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 33
Votes: 11
female usa
Wow! That is pretty unbelievable! I thought it was hot for this time of year here in Florida. It hasn't reached those kind of temps though! The hot weather has come considerably earlier this year. I think that could be the case in other areas as well. Have your AC serviced and stock up on the gatorade, you are probably in for a long summer. Good luck!

- Meow -
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 19:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Yeah, it's always hot here, but this is ridiculous....my electric bill will probably end up being a million dollars........

~~Melissa~~
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 21:46Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
swiftshark88
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 143
Votes: 61
male usa
i feel you on the heat, its not that hot up here in cincinnati, but im sure in a month it will be.

Its kind of uncomforting to know that its getting this hot this early in the year. Global warming, there was a good article in Nat. Geo. that i read not too long ago, im sure alot of people on FP would like it, most people who enjoy aquaria probably enjoy the outdoors as well.

I found it scary that the heat changes do so much damage, and cause the earth to cope so much for the increase in temperature. one example, the extra heat changes migration times for sea animals, and the extra heat causes storms to blow in off the ocean, which causes the trees on the beach to get blown away, so the beaches no longer have shade, and when sea turtles lay their eggs, they lay them in the shade, without the shade, the temperature of the eggs rises, with the rise in tempereature the ratio of males to females from that set of eggs is higher. Resulting in more females and not enough males, and eventually a big problem.

In other words, don't expect it to cool down, the reason i mentioned the article, is beacuse they mentioned that the average temperature around the world was going to be on the rise for the next few decades, somthing on the average of nearly 2 degrees a year.

good luck with the heat, drink lots of water

Nick
"Impossumable- unable to play dead"
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 22:07Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Hot? Bettcha think an Air Conditioner is a good idae about now hey Calla? <insert evil laugh>

Miss Wish steps back and waits for a deja vous diatribe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 00:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
it was 102 when i left work yesterday and 101 today about an hour ago. now they tell us we could see severe t-storms to these storms i say "bring it on!"

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 00:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
I hear ya moondog. Did y'all have any blackouts up your way? None down here, but you never know. I wish we would get some storms....we need rain desperately!

~~Melissa~~
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 15:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
It's only April!!! I'm dreading July & August.

I feel you there Crazyred. Its not as hot over here in Alabama, but it was 92F yesterday. The normal temps for this time a year are mid-upper 70s. No wonder we're getting so much bad weather already. We have alot of humidity down here so while its 92, it feels like 110. Its supposed to cool down here next week. I can't wait! It will finally feel like Spring!

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 21:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Yeah, so then I start thinking...okay global warming right? Well then some big snowstorm is hitting the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming.....what the ??????

~~Melissa~~
Post InfoPosted 19-Apr-2006 22:27Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
our stupid servers blacked out last night so i got to work (after bumping some lady in traffic and having to take care of that ) and had to spend half an hour getting the computers back online... but the storms were cool, and i got a couple ok pics of the lightning we had

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2006 05:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Man, that sounds rough! it's getting close to 100 here everyday. Fortunately, they keep the A/C set at about 70 here in my office building. What sucks is, I burn up outside (morning & lunch break) and I freeze in here all day, then burn up again on the way home. I'm amazed I'm not sick yet with all the wicked temp changes.

I hope your wreck wasn't too bad.

~~Melissa~~
Post InfoPosted 20-Apr-2006 15:21Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies