---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Ok, can anyone tell me what I'm doing! I just got Harvest moon magical melody for the wii and I'm so confused! I know I have to find notes, but I can't figure out how to do anything.

The instruction book is no help! And I can't seem to find anything online (or understand what I do find online)

So far, I can whistle, and I finally figured out how to leave the house. I tried to take the dog with me once but couldn't put it down so I tossed it back inside. I tried chopping some wood but all I could cut was on the ground already. Why are some trees pink?

HEEELLLPPPP!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2008 04:25Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 306
male australia
Have you tried flapping your arms like a chicken?
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2008 10:53Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
*tries flapping her arms like a chicken*

nope, didn't help From the reviews I read online before plonking $70 down I thought I'd be able to actually use the wii controls rather than just pushing buttons, seems it's not the case dunno why it's a wii title when it doesn't use wii technology.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2008 11:56Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Why are some trees pink?

Voted for Springtime

I have no idea, I hadn't heard about this game until this thread.

><>
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2008 15:26Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited by Joe Potato
Hmm. I didn't even realize that they ported Magical Melody to the Wii. Looking around online, it seems that it's not nearly as well liked as the Gamecube version (which I have). Sorry, Babel. In fact, I can't find any walkthroughs dedicated to the Wii game.

In any event, here's]http://faqs.ign.com/articles/699/699572p1.html[/link] a general guide as to what is going on in the game, although I'm not sure if the controls he talks about match up to the Wii. Either way, it's a pretty good source of information (just beware, there is A LOT of info there -- it will probably be overwhelming at first). [link=Here's a wiki for HM:MM. I've only skimmed most of it, but it looks decent.

Magical Melody is probably the most accessible of the Harvest Moons on current generation consoles (you want confusing? Try "A Wonderful Life"!), but for someone who hasn't played the games before, I can certainly see how you're lost. The Playstation and Nintendo 64 versions are much simpler, so if you have one of those lying around, see if you can pick up a copy.

Once you do figure it out, I think you'll find the game addicting. It's incredibly easy to lose track of time. Watch out.

Edit:

From the reviews I read online before plonking $70 down I thought I'd be able to actually use the wii controls rather than just pushing buttons, seems it's not the case dunno why it's a wii title when it doesn't use wii technology.

You would think that, wouldn't you? The only thing I can think of is because it was originally for the Gamecube and is essentially a straight port, they didn't bother switching the controls. They've done it for a couple of games (Resident Evil 4, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess), but those are big budget, very popular titles. The Harvest Moons series has always been rather niche. Don't worry, though, they're releasing a Wii-specific Harvest Moon which makes full use of the Wiimote.
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2008 16:08Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
EditedEdited by Babelfish
Mr. Joe Potato will never again be threatened with a blunt veggie peeler !

That is a ton of info, thanks! (I think) The instruction book told me the end goal, but forgot to mention exactly where I find food, least now I know I can find honey and clams and why the axe didn't chop down that tree.
I am disappointed in the lack of wiimote control I'm not very good with this thumbthing left handed, much easier just to wave my arms around to pretend I'm knocking down trees! That does explain why it was only $65ish instead of the $100 that zelda was though.

EDIT: Hmm, so, ok, I've gotten sucked in and been playing most of the afternoon ....problem is my farmer boy keeps passing out cause I work him too hard! I only found a berry once and some honey (that I mistakenly ate instead of putting in the rucksack) Havent found clams or been able to catch fish or figure out how to light a fire to eat mushrooms. I think this is one of those things that all the guides assume you already know from earlier versions .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2008 05:34Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2008 16:54Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
"I think you'll find the game addicting. It's incredibly easy to lose track of time. Watch out."

Errr

*whistles innocently*

I'm not winning much of anything, but I did get a lone wolf note for not talking to anyone, oh and the passing out note too.... It is rather addicting.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 13-Aug-2008 01:29Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
EditedEdited by Joe Potato
Glad you're enjoying it, Babel. I'm not sure when the new Wii game is going to be released in the PAL region, but I do know that it's going to be released in the US in a few weeks. It looks a lot better than MM. Now, I just need to get a Wii...

Just keeping messing around with MM. You'll figure it out eventually, and that's half the fun.

Edit: Oh, and apparently MM does support Wii controls, just horribly, horribly so. I'm not sure how you can switch it from one to the other, but from everything I've read, it's better to just use regular controls and not motion controls.
Post InfoPosted 13-Aug-2008 02:28Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
male australia
I used to play the old harvest moon game but could never get one of the townswomen to marry me. I heard the game gets easy once you start a family as they help out with the farming chores.
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2008 03:26Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
I used to play the old harvest moon game but could never get one of the townswomen to marry me.

Have you tried flapping your arms like a chicken?
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2008 19:43Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
male australia
Thats the first thing I tried
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2008 04:08Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies