SubscribeHi!
WaterPixie
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
female uk
Just sayin a hello to all.

I'm WP, I live in the UK, keep cold water Fish and am dyslxic.

I'm not new to keeping fish, BUT I am new to takeing it serusly. I have kept a goldfish for about five year's and he's a happy, healthy goldfish. about three day's ago my old filter packed in, and I discovered to my horror at the pet shop the next day that I had in fact for the last two year's been useing the wroung filter size for my auarium, witch was why Golaith has been do dosile, I had been worried about him lately but unsure of what to do. he is now an over excited fish who is totally back to his mentel self.

I have added other fish to the 2 foot aquerm I have now, three mino's and an algie eater, they are getting on well and seem happy.

the bottom feeder was named Henry, I have no idear why but I started calling him that and that is what he is. the three mino's are Fraya, Thor and Odin.

I am hopeing to take on a torpical tank of about the same size around Yule, but first I have to make sure that the cold water fish I own now will be fine as they are.

I dont wont to make any mistake's as it will be the fish that will pay. so that's why I have a stake of book's to read and have joined this forum.

Well it was nice to meet you all, catch you on here at some point hopefully.
WaterPixie!
xxx

If it bite's you' BITE IT BACK!
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 00:37Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Hi WP
Sounds like you are a very loving fish owner and good friend to Goliath..... hope to see more of you on the boards.

wish-ga

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 05:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Hey WP. Nice to have you on the site.

And is it just me, or do a lot of fishkeepers name at least one of their fish "Goliath"? I've seen it mostly with Bettas.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 05:16Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Greetings, WP - welcome to Fish Profiles!

><>
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 09:04Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
WaterPixie
-----
Small Fry
female uk
lol , he's named after a cartoon charter from a TV show called Gargoyels, witch rocked and ended too soon.

I love fish, but it grates my cheese when I see kid's gettin them as first pet's and the adult's dont bother reading up a bit on what the animal achelly need's. they think a tank, some gravel, a plant and some food is enoff to keep it alive. but it isn't. I wish I knew what I know now when I was younger. I alway's loved keeping fish, but they died alot when I was small because I didn't know what they really needed.

My next door naouber's kid's are getting their first fish today. I promised the younger boy who is 8 that he could have one, as an early birthday present, as I got his brother a hampster (the brother was 10 last week).
I cheeked with their Mum first of corse, but I said to him that he would need to look after and maintaine the tank propply. so I got him a bowel, filter, gravel, plant and air hose, food and fish. (The fish is currently in my tank as I set up his yesterday) he was surprised about the amount of stuff a goldfish would need and said so. but he's so excited about getting his first pet.

anyways, Thanks for the hello's peep's.
Water Pixie!
xxx

Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 13:42Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
Welcome to FP

Gargoyles did indeed rock

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 15:10Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fishmonster
----------
Big Fish
Oh My Heck!
Kudos: 88
Votes: 73
male usa
Welcome btw but wow i feel old now, (Grew up on Transformers, he-man, thundercats and gobots). Anyways welcome, I too am from the land of brit. Im now an alien, a legal alien, im an Englishman in Salt Lake...City of course hehehe

Thanks for your input as always, Shane
http://thetanklog.blogspot.com/ - [ Thanks to ScottF ]
http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/main.html
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 16:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited by Joe Potato
I love fish, but it grates my cheese when I see kid's gettin them as first pet's and the adult's dont bother reading up a bit on what the animal achelly need's. they think a tank, some gravel, a plant and some food is enoff to keep it alive. but it isn't. I wish I knew what I know now when I was younger. I alway's loved keeping fish, but they died alot when I was small because I didn't know what they really needed.

I personally think it is for two reasons:

1. Fish aren't normally associated by the majority of people as "cute", so they don't get as much care as other pets.

2. Goldfish are so darn hardy that they will tolerate absolutely horrid conditions for a reasonably long period of time. If you keep most other pets in squalor like that, they'd die pretty darn quick.

I'm positive that almost every fishkeeper goes through a phase where they just chuck some goldfish into a tank and are confused as to why they all die after a few months. Those of us who are really dedicated try to find out why and then change the way we do things, and I'm happy that you're one of those people.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 16:25Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
I feel old too, fishmonster... I babysat a kid who watched Gargoyles...

><>
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 18:09Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
WaterPixie
-----
Small Fry
female uk
Hay I LOVED transformer's and He-Man (I'm 25 btw ) She-Ra rocked also, and Captain CAAAAAAVVVVE MAAAAANNN and the teen angel's, also classic scooby doo and Danger Mouse lol.

In my option, your NEVER too old for cartoon's, but then I have flatly refused to grow up in alot of way's

Water Pixie!
xxx

Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2007 01:02Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies