SubscribeIt might just be me....
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Okay I'm grumpy and I know it.
I went to the store the other day to return a shirt. Actually the plan was to exchange it for a smaller size. I made the purchase with plastic, something easily traceable. I don't care for keeping reciepts since it can be tracked by the plastic I purchase with. I normally only keep the reciepts for larger purchases. Anywho, I get to the register and (no big surprise) can't find the reciept. (I've got 40 million slips of paper in my purse, I find it later sitting on the kitchen counter.) Okay... I give them my card I purchased it with so they can "pull" it up that way. They tell me no, I must have the reciept for a refund or exchange. I can only recieve a "store credit" if I don't have the reciept.
This is the second chain store that this has happened. But it irks the h*** out of me! I have a legitmate return and I'm told I'm not entitled to "MY" money back. They are willing to take my plastic for payment but not for a return. I feel that this practice is HIGHLY UNFAIR! The Jerks! I just needed to rant a little.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2009 06:54Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
They are doing a lot of that here too. The reason being how do they know it was not shop lifted.
I have heard of one scam where at one particular store as a customer walks out they offer to buy their receipt. Then they go into the store shoplift it and then take it back to get their money back. A security person of that store explained it to me.
Also some have a very limited time in which full payment lasts, they will then offer you a small percentage of the original price.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2009 09:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
That happens at most places here. No proof of purchase, no refund. I am sure they would of taken your plastic for a return if you had the receipt. I think its fair, just not always convenient!

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2009 11:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
if you were just exchanging it for a smaller size, why would it matter? was the price difference that sufficient that store credit would not have worked for you? i don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but you said "the plan was to exchange it for a smaller size" and you're ranting about getting store credit instead of a refund...

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2009 16:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I had that trouble at Target my first xmas, MIL had gotten me stuff that was, frankly way too large.

After we got the receipt from her and got to the store between 9am and 5pm, and finally explained that I just needed smaller sizes (after a huge debate about this item is now on clearance and we cant get you that size) or store credit they finally issued me a gift card in that amount.

Talk about hassle Kelly! I feel for ya! For box items I usually tape the receipt to the box, but stuff like clothes *shrug* Course I don't buy much new stuff anyway unless it's from second hand stores and then it's oh, $3 for a totally cool skirt if it doesnt fit well oh well, there's always the sewing machine !

This year MIL knew to shop in the childrens section for me and everything fit just fine

^_^

Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 00:52Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
What bothers me is that I actually bought something from Petco (a test kit) and I went to return it a few weeks later. The Manager took the UPC and went to the back room left me hanging for about 15 minutes then returned saying that that product hadn't been purchased from his store or the 5 others within 15 miles, apparently there had not been a purchase of this since december... I told him it was impossible and he started calling me a shoplifter and etc.

I know I have shoplifted a few things in the past and I guess this is Karma, but to be honest i thought it was very unprofessional and etc... and it was actually a purchase of 3 different test kits (SW, Reef and FW) two were for a friend that backed out... too bad I lost my reciept and I'm out like 100$ now!

I'll post them for sale in Classifieds, it just irks me!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 02:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
The IDEA was to do a simple exchange but they didn't have the size in stock. Having to have the reciept is really what bothers me. (That's one of the main reasons I use plastic, is because it's more trackable than a reciept.) I know for a fact they can track the transaction from the plastic it was purchased with, but they refused to do the lookup. This also happen to me at PETSMART. Which REALLY upset me because I was returning cans of dog food I had just purchased before my dog died. After I calmed down, I found the reciept in the bottomless pit of my purse. But again, all they have to do is run the card and see the item was purchased and not returned.

Frank, I get what you are saying. And I've witnessed similar scams, but they can get off their buts and view their video if it comes to that. I had a little chit try to tell me I may have "lifted" a pair of shorts, and I had the reciept... She rang the items up wrong and didn't realised she rang the same item twice. Unfortunately, they both cost the same price, so I didn't notice. Until, I needed to return for an exchange. I through a fit and had her get the manager. They did realize the error and corrected it but it was a test of my nerve and patience.

The other "problem" with reciepts is that most are printed with thermal paper. They fade with time or are distorted by extreme heat or cold. Just leave a reciept in your car for a few days when it's hot outside. It will turn completely black or fade to the point of just being a slip of paper. Not to mention having to keep all that crap for weeks on end.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 06:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado

???
Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 11:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
You and Keith have finally been found out, Frank. We all know that you're actually the same person. This years-long charade has gone on long enough.
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 17:09Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Sorry didn't recheck the name. I'm so use to one or both of you repling and it was late.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 18:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Joes right, that's why they've got opposite colors and live on opposite sides of the world

They're one of the first successful splices done by the AFP...err

uh oh

*hides*

^_^

Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 00:00Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado

Actually we are really easy to tell apart.

I'm the one with the pony tail!

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 01:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I am the older one also going bald slowly

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 05:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 23-Apr-2009 05:03
This post has been deleted
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
female usa us-michigan
Actually it was a bit late and I had a question about plants I wanted to post. I figured Frank would be the one to answer first. Having old-timers, I forgot what I was doing, and put his name in the post. Sometimes I just can't help myself from goofing up. I also managed to forget the other question I wanted to post. And I still can't remember it! It'll come to me when I can't write it down.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 05:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
See! more proof of the splice!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 05:49Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies