male usa
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2007 22:51Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa

Interesting. But I'd still be willing to bet that there was more fishy communication going on that the human observer couldn't take into account.

That was a beautiful fish too!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2007 06:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez_again
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by mez_again
To learn about fish learning, Grosenick designed experiments that staged dozens of fights across 11 days among five different fish (known to the scientists as A, B, C, D, and E, with A being the strongest and E the weakest) in a circle of transparent, plastic tanks that allowed a bystander fish in a center tank to observe each fight as it took place. A fought B, B fought C and so on.

Excellent!
I could of told him that cichlids are of the most intellegent fish, but what really classes as intellegence? (im sure i've spelt that wrong?) are sardines more intellegent than cichlids because they group together when dolphins or tuna are trying to eat them? or do they just follow the other shiny thing?
Very, very interesting tho. i do like that.
james
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2007 02:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies