AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# checking in - how is everyone doing ?
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribechecking in - how is everyone doing ?
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Hello all

Haven't been on much as of late. How are you all doing ? Any new setups or fish ? Enjoying your summer ?

I've been in 'getting things done' mode, and playing call of duty 4 modern warfare on the pc. Fun game Hobbywise I'm preparing a 75g planted tank. Simple tank, driftwood and a few plants. Almost ready to fill with water so I'll be posting about that soon.

Cheers !

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2010 14:12Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Hey DaMossMan, been keeping busy ay? I can only lurk now as the kids are out of school and have taken over the 'puter. I even had to put tighter time limits on the thing.

I still have the 2 tanks (55long and 40tall). I lost all of my yo-yo's in the 55gal (mystery disease), but everything else has thrived. The 2 male angels still have their "I love you man; I can't stand you man" relationship. The 4 female black ruby barbs are still hanging in there. I had to move the 3 four lined pims into the 55 gal tank. They were getting too fat to get under the driftwood in the 40tall. And they were starting to get closed in. They were also harassing the plecs to no end. I would catch them head butting and tail swatting each other, trying to force each other out from under the wood. They each have their own little spot now, in the 55. They will still go visit each other but there's less shoving.

In the 40tall, we still have Bulldozer (black male angel), Sailor (Sailfin plec) and Pinkie aka Albi (Albino plec). The plecs are anti-social (they'll barely hang out with each other [but they never fight]) and Bulldozer looked lonely. So, we got him 10 little black skirt tetras to keep him company. Since the pims are no longer in the tank, Pinkie has started to grow and get plump. Pinkie is still shy of everything but is eating alot better. Sailor never had a problem with getting food. Sailor is 3-4 times bigger than Pinkie. I've discovered that they both love the algae that grows on the hood under the lights. They pounce on it the minute I scrape it off.

Oh, and I got some water sprite back in March. OMG! That stuff really grows! And I can't keep it in the the 40 with the plecs. I keep only one water sprite sprig at a time in there. The plecs strip them down to just a stalk over the course of a week. It's hard to keep anything planted in the 55 with the pims. I have to put an ornament over the planted ends of the water sprite. 'Cause they keep pulling it up. Who said nothing eats a crypt? The pims have my biggest crypt down to 2 leaves!

I guess I've rambled enough for now.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 22-Jul-2010 01:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
Good to hear from ya Kelly

Yup I've been busy, the 75 gal planted is set up, see my post over in Aquascaping !

Rambling is always welcome, especially when it pertains to our hobby lol.

Hmm, your plants are getten eaten up ? Many plecos will do that, also if the plant is weak at all, it will be a target. Are they getting enough veggies in their diet ?

Kids and pc's, a wireless network will be next, each with their own laptop so mom can get some peace ? lol.

What's with all the faces ? Here's my fave

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 04-Aug-2010 05:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
"What's with all the faces ? "

Gosh you have been gone a long time! smilies changed a while ago when the new code was written for the site I still like the old ones though .

We've been busy moving every time I finish unpacking , finally got all our big tanks set back up, the aquascaping will come along much slower.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2010 00:42Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
I pop in now and again, would be more so if we get our Tank Logs and Calendar back ! I loved that feature & miss it dearly. Pls Pls ask Adam, and also I say hello

Where are you and Adam moving this time ? That is hard constantly tearing down & setting up the tanks again, let alone furniture & other belongings. Getting tired thinking about it !

Finally located an angel breeder not far from me about a half hour drive. Going there tonight to pick up a young breeding pair of silver zebra angels, like the ones I used to have.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 10-Aug-2010 16:52Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
Hey hello, I 'member you. Your latest tank sounds great - planted and driftwood. Trad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2010 12:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
Hey Wish-Ga ! I member you as well. How are the fish and things ?
I have a few pics of the tank in Aquascaping section if you'd like to see them, although I've now added more hardware & fish. I should take some new pics.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2010 16:58Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies