AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# rats!!! (pictures have arived!! come see!)
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscriberats!!! (pictures have arived!! come see!)
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
adding rocks like that would make it very very difficult to clean...

><>
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1951
Votes: 137
if i silicone the rocks together? and set them in? u htink? hmm, maybe, never thought of it like that
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
I actually created naturalistic setups for rodents when I worked at a wildlife park, complete with soil, rocks, tunnels, plants. The animals loved them but they were pretty huge considering the size of the species, and keeping the cleaning in a good state was tricky cos the urine was a problem. We did some for various uk mice , brown rats , voles and stuff.I did one show display for black rats based on part of a medieval tall ship, ( in keeping with how rats spread throughout the globe and plague etc for the kiddies.) The rats were actually very fond of it, they loved running around on the ropes and sailcloth and stuff. We even had fake sacks with grain in to feed them from, all about 1/4 size. It was quite cool. Wasnt even that hard to clean being all very dense old marine wood, and we used to change the straw daily.

Last edited by longhairedgit at 04-Dec-2005 03:23
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
goldfishgeek
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 412
Votes: 38
female uk
Won't having a natural set up be REALLY hard to clean out?

mine get cleaned out twice a week, but I am a bit fussy...!

I would do something natural to play in but have their home cage as easy to clean as possible, the ammonia in urine can really irritate rats and make them more e to myco apparently. the pets rats you get will be more interested in everything you don't want them to play in trust me!

so far my new two are excellent, in to everything very brave and have met Kali, fingers crossed so far they like each other! they won't move in till the new year, at the moment they would fit through the bars on the main cage!

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 10-Nov-2011 09:49
This post has been deleted
DeletedPosted 10-Nov-2011 10:00
This post has been deleted
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies