AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# rats!!! (pictures have arived!! come see!)
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscriberats!!! (pictures have arived!! come see!)
BruceTheBetta
-----
Hobbyist
Votes: 0
female canada
I really wouldn't suggest a tank for the girls. Tanks have horrible ventilation, and they can get sick very easily in there.

Keep an eye on your little ratty girl with the eye crust. She may need to see a vet. If it's still there in a couple days, take her in. Rats can get respiratory infections quite fast, and myco flairs are previlant.

Also, make sure you're not using pine or cedar are bedding for her (I'm pretty sure you mentioned Aspen earlier anyway).

*Edited to say: Also, try using sweetpotatoe baby food as a yummy treat they can lick off your fingers! It's a wonderful way to bond with your new little ladies. Also, join a couple rat forums, they can help you get all the info you need to keep your girls happy and healthy (and spoiled)!

Last edited by BruceTheBetta at 22-Dec-2005 22:48
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
RustyBlade
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1667
Votes: 391
female australia
Is turnup trying to be the dominant girl? Sometimes that can make the other rats very timid if it becomes a bit rough.
I agree about not using the tank, because of the lack of ventilation it can cause the ammonia from their urine to burn their little lungs You're better off keeping them in the cage they have now and just try to let them out for a runaround for at least an hour a day until you can get a bigger cage.
Please keep us posted on how things go
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:31Profile ICQ Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1951
Votes: 137
they cannot go into a cage right now, the bar spacing is too big as i mentioned earlier, the first time they got in to there was through the bars no problem.

the 20 gallon high is too small i decided, and i htought putting them into the 55 gallon after x-mas and after my brother leaves (he is in the room i am suppost to be moving into..its bigger and more rat proof)when they are bigger im going to attach tubing and run it into their cage, the fish tank will have nwspaper underneath a thin layor of the bedding, if i add any bedding at all (too expencive) i use carefresh or something like that but its safe.

oh, and what kinds of fruit isnt safe? can they have things like oranges?
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1951
Votes: 137
got the 55 gallon all set up for them, now they spend a few hours in there playing and sleeping, but they are always happy to back home to the 20 gallon
DeletedPosted 10-Nov-2011 09:49
This post has been deleted
DeletedPosted 10-Nov-2011 10:00
This post has been deleted
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies