keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
Today I called into my very local LFS reason as we get our water from the same source via a local storage and pumping dam.

They and many other locals this summer and previous summers are have big problems with the water supply.

There is some thing in the water that is killing the good bacteria (which I have under control by storing water collected from my hot hot water service) it is not a storage type. The PH is 7.6+++

The water supply know about this and are not doing any thing about it at all.

For our drinking and cooking water I use a duel filtration system and then it is boiled before I will drink it. This is possibly the reason I was so sick not so far back.

Tank water not even worth considering too many air born pollutants and roof pollution. Even though I live in a coastal semi rural tourist area.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2008 03:49Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Join the club

At least we know what is causing ours, and this recent rain/no rain business is just complicating matters.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/25/2146427.htm

I just love the "There are no toxins" bit. Um, er, OK? None whatsoever seems very unlikely given the extent of that bloom and the whole massive outdoor storage area thing.

I know that they are under no obligation to supply us with wonderful sterile or tank-safe water, but you really have to wonder about the human safety aspect. If it is causing havoc in tanks, which it seems to be, then why is nothing showing up that would cause an alert? I'm absolutely dying to know what the issue is. Water should be a science, not and art but at the moment I'm doing WCs by feel and weather and juggling changes to fit in with when I think the water will be least problematic.

My drinking supply is filtered too, I can't stand the taste of our local water. It is like damp footpath.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2008 06:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies