Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeQuestion about Kent Cichlid products
General Hague
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 81
Votes: 3
male usa
I've got two of these products I use in a 20 gallon tank. All fish in there is African cichlids. I have a 90 gallon tank that is primarily African cichlids (Yellow Electrics, 1 Demasoni, Psuedotropis Acei), Synodotis, but also non-African fish. Those are 1 King Tiger Pleco, Clown Loaches and Siamese Algae Eaters. The 20 gallon tank I have been treating with Cichlid Buffer.

It says:
"pH buffer and alkalinity or carbonate hardness (KH) adjusting system designed for African cichlids and other rift lake fishes. Also works well for many American cichlids whose native waters have high pH's of above 7.8. Provides a stable pH environment. Dissolves instantly with little or no precipitation. Compatible with and designed for use with Cichlid Chemistry and Cichlid Essential by Kent Marine. Free of polluting nitrates, phosphates, and organic chemicals.

I also been been treating it with cichlid chemistry it says:

"Specially formulated mixture of carbonates, sulfates, and chlorides of sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium with all necessary minor and race minerals. Designed to provide natural water chemistry to African cichlids and other rift lake fishes without significantly raising pH. Compatible and designed for use with Cichlid Buffer for pH control and Cichlid Essential. Contains no phosphates, nitrates or organics to pollute the system.

So if I were to add these two products to the 90 gallon tank, what effect if any would it have on the clowns, SAE, and Pleco? At the LFS they got plecos with Africans and they used to have full size clowns in this huge tank with Africans.
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2008 20:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies