L# Cichlid Central
  L# Angels
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAngels
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
Stoked that I'm getting more angels, I have had my lone man for more than a year now and he is huge and very personable also friendly as long as no one bugs him while he's eating..

Any pointers on breeding?
I should be getting about 6 and waiting to see if I get a pair out of that number!
Post InfoPosted 11-Jun-2008 06:32Profile PM Edit Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
I'd be wary of how he reacts to the others - keep an eye on him.
Post InfoPosted 12-Jun-2008 23:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
I've gotta agree with amilner... after a year of being king of his domain he might get a bit stroppy about newcomers on the scene, possibly displaying some aggression towards the new angels. You will need to keep a fairly close eye on them until they sort out the pecking order. I'm going to assume that you tank is large enough to accommodate all 6 or 7 angelfish.

It may be worth rearranging the tank decor at about the same time as you introduce the new fish so your existing angel is not quite so confident in his long established territory and the newbies are also able to establish territory.

Good Luck. I hope it works out for you

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2008 02:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
i 3rd that motion,keep a close eye on him,angels CAN BE NASTY,you will probly find that he doesnt want to share his house,food,territory,im not saying dont try,thats the only way you will know for sure,but as said above,watch em closely,or have a divider ready to go,over the years i found dividers a very needy part of fish keeping,but i keep the nasty fellas..
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2008 08:58Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
oops should have mentioned that the new angels will be going into a different tank... I couldn't tank king ship away from angelo he has the silver dollars staying out of his way!
Plus like you all kindly mentioned I don't want to see any fish wars.. after watching my betta kill his tank mates after peacefulyl living with them for months, I don't want to risk that again!
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2008 20:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
Good to hear that the new ones are going into a seperate tank. As for breeding, yes, a group of six is a good method of finding a pair. Only problem is you have to either have a big enough tank to house them once mature or find new homes for them..... You seem an angel fan so I'm sure you'll have thought it through properly - good luck
Post InfoPosted 15-Jun-2008 21:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
H-Dub
-----
Fingerling
lol, yes sir! I am a huge angel fan I have heard they are touchy, but I seem to do perfectly fine with them! it's the hardy spieces I tend to have more trouble with!

I am getting them from a friend so I can take as long as I need, I'm trying to talk the fiance into another 75 gallon at leat! lol 5 tanks and I want more...what an addict!
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2008 05:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies