SubscribeBlue Ram Setup
spankym13
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 56
Votes: 1
male usa
Hey,
I've got a 55gal setup with a canister filter and sand substrate. I currently have 2 clown loaches(2-3" and two Bala sharks(2-3". The aquascape I have right now is a big boulder with lots of holes and caves that takes up 1/3 of the tank and it's in the right hand side, the middle is mostly open with a few plants. Than the left has a cave with a few plants around it. 5-6 plants total. Would this be a ok set up for some German blue rams????? And if so how many would you reccomend to buy at once???
Post InfoPosted 28-Jul-2009 03:16Profile PM Edit Report 
Gone_Troppo

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 196
australia au-northernterritory
Hi Spankym

IMO the clown loaches and bala sharks rules out keeping rams. Both are rather boisterous fish and long term will need at least that whole tank and more just for themselves as they approach monster fish proportions. Also both clown loaches and bala sharks prefer to be in larger groups than you currently have.

Sorry, but I don't think the rams are a good idea for that tank atm.

If you're willing to relocate / re-home the balas and clowns then a 55g is great for a few blue rams - add a few more plants, choose a school of small, peaceful tank mates and you're good to go

G_T

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Post InfoPosted 28-Jul-2009 09:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
Spanky just get a ram dedicated tank and grow nice plants in it as well.
Leave the other fish to their own tank.
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2009 11:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies