L# Blue Convicts ?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlue Convicts ?
mobius
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
i have two convicts, each were purchesd from petco at the same time but one is a half inch longer than the other. i have them in a fifty-five gallon with 2 small jd's , a 7 inch oscer thats insanely nice, he never nips at the fish or any thing, and a 5 inch bream. one of the convicts has a yellow spot on its anl fin , i think its called an egg spot? they face each other and look like they are either doing a mating dance or fighting. the tank has a cave i made out of rock with plants around it. 1 of the jd's hide in the cave a lot but the other one stays outside of the cave. i woke up this morn. and the water was red on one side of the tank, but not on the other. i had to buy a new light for the side that turned red cause it burnt out a week ago n now this. the box said it inhanced red colers n green colers. could that be the cause? plz help

p.s.: forgive my spelling
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2007 01:37Profile PM Edit Report 
desiredusername
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 99
Votes: 36
male australia
Mobius,
As your fish reach maturity it will be obvious just how overstocked your tank is. A single JD would have enough room at maturity let alone all the other fish. the 2 convicts could be breeding and this will be trouble for everything else because convicts are super aggressive while mating. the oscar needs 75g to itself.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2007 07:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez_again
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
i dont know if you mentioned anything about blue convicts in your post, but if one is male and the other is female, they will breed, wrecking havoc on your tank...nothing will be tolerated in "their space" - not even the oscar. they will lock lips and circle each other, then lay eggs...this is not a "what if" situation, if they are male and female they will breed. females go all pink when a male is present, and males develop a nuchal hump and have long, pointed extended fins (though that is not to say the females will not have flowing fins either).
James
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2007 02:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies