AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cichlid Central
  L# Breeding Chalinochromis & Alto's in same tank?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBreeding Chalinochromis & Alto's in same tank?
PJ
---------------
Big Fish
Kudos: 427
Votes: 326
male australia
Hi guys,

Long time since I have been on this site. Last weekend I got into contact with a breeder who was selling F1 Chalinochromis Sp. “nbodnoi” (different bloodlines) & some Altolamprologus Comps “Kigoma”, and for me being a sucker I had to purchase them as where I live these fish are for the most part impossible to get unless I order from interstate breeders. So atm the 5 Chalinochromis are between 3.5-5cm big and the 6 Kigoma’s are about 3cm big and for now I’m keeping them in my 115g mbuna tank in a large yabby net (heh don’t worry they’re safe ) till my 6ft is setup. Anyways long story short, I know that Alto’s can sometimes shy away in the tank unless they are the dominant fish, so just curious as to the compatibility of Alto’s & chalinochromis in the same tank with the intentions of breeding them both. The tank will be setup as a sort of show tank, not like a conventional breeders tank so they’re going in a 6ft, filled with sand and texas-holy rock with plenty of spawning shells. If anyone has experience in keeping/breeding these two fish then please give me a few tips n info. Much appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 29-Sep-2009 04:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies