Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCichlids In Small Tanks
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
male uk uk-england
i am about to get my juwel lido 120l(26.5gal)back and was wondering if this would be suitable for any form of cichlids i already run a 40gal community and was thinking of something different the tank is cube like ie 2ft wide (61cm)
16" wide (41cm) and 23" in depth (58cm)
as a cichlid newby any info would be welcomed

thanks
papasan.
Post InfoPosted 25-Jul-2008 17:31Profile PM Edit Report 
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
Kudos: 92
Votes: 147
male usa us-indiana
There are quite a few Cichlids that could live in a tank that size. I believe any of the SA Dwarf Cichlids would be okay, although some of them are quite sensitive. You could also try Shell-Dwellers.
Post InfoPosted 25-Jul-2008 18:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
steven1982
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 74
Votes: 38
male canada
I found a good article about what size of fish will fit in what size of tank. There will be some math that you will need to do. As well you need to know how fast and how aggressive the fish is.
http://www.malawicichlids.com/mw01019.htm
So find out what the biggest fish you could have in your tank then go through a list of cichlids and the size that they will grow to. I am sure that any of the that are small enough for your tank will be great.
Post InfoPosted 25-Jul-2008 21:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
male uk uk-england
thanks for that info i am now looking at say a pair of dwarf cichlids ie borellis, cockatoo or macmasters and say three bottom feeders ie corys but i don't know if they will get on if the cichlids spawn
any thoughts would be gratefully recieved

thanks
papasan.
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2008 17:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies