Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDoes Looking Good (Breeding Dress) Play A Big Part
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey guys,about a month ago i put a small male salvini,and a small male green terror into my 55gal,well within a few weeks both fish had settled in fine,then first the salvini went into breeding dress,and started following my larger green terror female everwhwere,then the small green terror went into breeding dress too,so some small fights took place,both trying to do there best to win over her love,and i woke up this moring and checked my tanks,and to my surprise the salvini won her over,they are both gaurding there eggs now,poor gtso my question is,does looking good (breeding dress)play that big of a part where a fish would rather cross breed,to be with the better looking fish than stay with her own kind!i sort of figured as the salvini was more vibrant than the gt,she went with the salvini,but i thought as another gt was present she would have went with the gt,and not x-bred with the salvini.what do you people think.its a bit of a weird 1.i spoze the small male gt was not compatiable!
Post InfoPosted 13-Dec-2008 05:50Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Er...so..you're happy about creating another hybrid fish? /:'
Post InfoPosted 13-Dec-2008 13:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
yea i dont really injoy hybrids. maybe u got 2 female gts to answer ur question.
Post InfoPosted 13-Dec-2008 13:58Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
im not worried about the fry,i dont really want em,so ill just fed em to my other fish,but no i dont have 2 females,clearly a male and female.
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2008 07:39Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
maybe put a female salvini in the tank so the male is into her and not the GT... you'll have two breeding pairs and if need be add a divider and just feed the fry if you don't want to keep it... hmm it would be interesting to see what the fry end up looking like... if you aren't planning on saving any of the fry at all and are not worried about the bullying of the male GT then just let them be and destroy the fry to maintain pure genetic lines...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2008 21:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
beleave it or not theres already a female salvini in there,but shes to small yet,i dont think shes big enuff to spawn,thats why i put the male salvini and the male gt in there,hoping IF spawn did accure they would atleast stick to there own kind.i didnt think they cross-breed with there own kind in there...
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2008 04:24Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies