Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeEstherae holding
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
My Red Zebra (Estherae) is holding and I am absolutely clueless about what to do. The male killed a much bigger male in the tank while courting the female, and the next day she was holding. I think it's day 3 today, how long will she be like this, and should I just let her remain in the tank?
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2007 07:27Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
Usually they will hold about 2 weeks, depending on the temp and such. Unless you have plenty of rock work in your tank, you probably won't have many/any fry left once she spits. The best bet is to take her out at about 2 weeks and place her in another tank to spit the fry out. Usually they will spit them out when you catch them in the net. Or you can strip her of the eggs and tumble them. You could also try to remove her after a few days of holding, but just hope she does not spit the eggs (unless you are ready to tumble them). If she holds the eggs, you stand a good chance of having a bunch of fry when she spits.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2007 06:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
She ate them Stupid girl
Post InfoPosted 13-Jun-2007 05:49Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies