Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeJD tank size and mate?
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
I'm looking at rearranging my tank occupants have been looking at the idea for my 55g of gettin a Jack Dempsey. What else would be good for this? I would like to add a pictus cat or two if they would work and maybe a pleco.

Would this be a good combination? or should I just go with the JD and pleco?

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 21-Feb-2006 14:19Profile PM Edit Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
guess nobody has any idea. well going to give them a try and find out the hard way.

Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2006 00:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Jason_R_S

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 2421
Votes: 391
male usa us-indiana
it will depend on the personality of the JD. some grow up to be quite aggressive while others are not. if you only want to keep a single JD and not a pair then you'll have a much better chance of keeping it with other fish. the plec at least should be fine and I'd say chances are the JD will leave the pictus alone as well. just make sure they all have plenty of hiding places.
Post InfoPosted 26-Feb-2006 06:38Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
faeriefish
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
female canada
Yeah the plec should definitely be good. I have two with my JD and even had one with a Red Devil... If they can survive happily with him they can survive anywhere!!
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 00:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
napower05
-----
Hobbyist
Votes: 0
male usa
you could probably do a pair of dempseys or you could do a jack and like a firemouth or a convict. From what i heard the pictus is fan of ick bc they have shark skin and not scales or something like that...The jack is very nice choice for a fish i have pair that i have had for almost 2 years now.
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 15:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mrsmonty
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 58
Votes: 33
female canada
The only thing I would suggest would be to make sure that the tank mate is approximetly the same size as the JD..bc as you probably know, these are VERY aggressive fish..getting their name from a boxing champ and all..they can easy kill a tank mate bigger than him. Just make sure they're the same size and both still young enough..
Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 17:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
maybe i'll got with the jack and a firemouth. i wasnt sure and wanted to check first. as far as the pictus, i have been eyeing the red tail black sharks also, may get one of them also

Post InfoPosted 07-Mar-2006 17:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies